Cleaning tips please :)

So I’m leaving the 13 plate Euro 5 daf rigid I currently drive behind and being moved in to a 64 plate Euro 6 daf as of Tuesday and wondering what products other people use to keep their wagons clean as the replacement wagon is in a right s***e state and needs a good clean inside and out! seeing as I will now have exterior lock boxes at the rear of the chassis I will get my own kit and keep it in one of them as the products provided by work aren’t up to much. Cheers guys Ryan.

How clean is clean to you? Do spend your time polishing stuff to show standard or just to keep the dust and dirt at bay?
If it’s the latter then an old rag and a brush would do.
Talking of being given a truck in a dirty state, you could do what my mate did when he was given a (one year old at the time) 12 plate MAN; He did nothing except clean the windows. His reasoning was that was the standard set for him so he maintained it.
He got a new 15 plate Daf CF last year, and I don’t think he’s bothered with that too much either. :laughing:

Buy a large can of foam type cleaner for the floor and dashboard, let the foam sit on everything for about 15 - 30 monutes, then wipe it off, get a can of Pledge or similar, spray the dash and similar surfaces, again let it sit a while, then buff it all off until the surface shines. As for the floor once cleaned, spray with back to black spray and spread it fairly.

To start with good old warm water and washing up liquid

Back to black on the floor? That stuff is slippery as ■■■■, I wouldn’t put that anywhere near a floor, or the dash for that matter as it’s a dust magnet and don’t even think about spraying it in a cab without opening windows or you will be as high as a kite.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Spray Fabreeze over the cab curtains , bunk and the seats to get rid of stale sweat odours.
Anti bacterial spray and antibacterial wipes from Wilkinson at 50 p each for the steering wheel and plastic areas and dash .
Fill the cab with air fresheners .

newmercman:
Back to black on the floor? That stuff is slippery as [zb], I wouldn’t put that anywhere near a floor

Got a guy where I am who does that and its a nightmare driving that truck, your heels slide all over when braking/using accelerator and you can’t use the foot switch for the engine brake which is on the left foot rest because your foot just slides off the foot rest as soon as you try to put pressure on the switch.

On a different (but similar) note, anyone got any good products/types of rag/cloth that are good to use for a quick wipe down of the exterior bodywork at the end of a day when you can’t put it through a wash? Just for getting the dirt off the main panels. I only carry limited water so don’t want to be using loads of that for cleaning.

these are good to have around…

Any of these products

chromecp.com

trekxor:
these are good to have around…
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/interior-cleaning-vacuums/armor-all-car-dashboard-wipes-matt-finish-x-30

You are joking, right? They are crap, all they do is smear the dirt around. Either that or they’re overwhelmed in my cab. :blush:

toby1234abc:
Spray Fabreeze over the cab curtains , bunk and the seats to get rid of stale sweat odours.
Anti bacterial spray and antibacterial wipes from Wilkinson at 50 p each for the steering wheel and plastic areas and dash .
Fill the cab with air fresheners .

Wilkos antibacterial wet wipes are brilliant. I buy them in bulk about 10 packs at a time.

pet.jpg

Spot on Tris, I use Wilko wipes for the driver side foot well and passengers side and the floor area under the bunk .
Inside the lockers.A great product .

Old valeting trick, 1 part water 1 part TFR in a little spray gun cleans plastic dash and trim panels effortlessly.

Autosmart G101, you can also get it off ebay.
General purpose cleaner/degreaser, use in a spray bottle with a nail brush and/cloth (depends on how grimy the area is).
Dries matt so no reflection of the sun of the dash.
Smears on glass, so take your pick with glass cleaners after.

blue estate:

Ideal for a Scania :wink: