Driving in New Zealand

Has anybody received the following unsolicited e-mail?

<<Good-day, My name is Steve Parker,I am from New Zealand.
I am a recruiter here in NZ looking to recruit Americans to come over here too drive a truck for a year and hoped you might be looking for such an opportunity.

You come here with a pre-organised driving job with a trucking company,legal work visa and CDL.
We could help you in your quest for housing before you arrive.
If yourself or anyone you know is interested in this great opportunity you can contact me via this E-mail.

Kind regards Steve>>

Of no use to me but someone might be interested.
Can’t understand why they canvas for US drivers in France though.

Salut, David.

Post his email address? If he can get visas for the septics, he can get Brits visas too…

No, but he might get an e-mail if you know what I mean :wink: . Let’s see if he’s above board.

Anybody remember “Four Corners International” (have I got that right?) they were advertising jobs in Canada.

There is another company on the go at the moment trying to get drivers to go to “seminars” on emigrating to Canada.

They are usually come on’s you find yourself suddenly being asked for fees for visas, paperwork etc.

I advise anybody wanting to work abroad to ring the relevant Embassy and ask them what you have to do to work in that particular Country, you could for the price of a phone call save yourself some money and heartbreak.

They’ve been trolling for suckers here in the US as well. It’s a scam.

There was a guy on the radio during the week from their national newspaper saying that NZ has a 3% unemplyment rate and dont have enough people to do the jobs that they have available.

Lots of US guys are hitting the Embassy website asking about moving there etc. coz the ‘Bush’ is back and they dont want to be American anymore!!

The NZ guy said to go through the Embassy as its the only legit way in, and they do want a lot of people…

Terry

allikat:
Post his email address? If he can get visas for the septics, he can get Brits visas too…

Allikat,
Replied to him to ask for further info and his e-mail address as it just said Mr. Steve at the head.
Then found out how to see it myself :confused: so here it is

haveaniceday2@xtra.co.nz

Hope it’s useful, and genuine, for those interested.

Salut, David

I’ve had a reply to my e-mail from ‘Steve’ and reprint it below for the info of anyone interested. I’ve also replied again referring him to this site so maybe he will come on and you can question him yourselves.

<<Great too hear from you David.

I am going to be absolutely honest with you.
I drove OTR in the USA for a few years and Loved it. I went to the USA for many reasons and also love the USA itself.

I have been thinking the past while as too how I could get Americans over here to New Zealand to drive and put it all together.
I have not brought anyone over yet as I only started advertising the other day.

I know the whole thing might sound like a scam to some as of which I have had replies saying this,But it is legit
I will get you a Visa,of course you will have too fill out the paperwork with your details.
I will put you in a trucking company in which you will be employed with prior to departure from the USA.
I will help too find you housing Prior too your arrival in NZ.
You USA licences is valid in NZ,if you have two years experience.

I know for a fact coming to NZ to drive a truck you will not make the same wages you could in the USA,BUT you will be on a working holiday with a great experience.

You will typically be on an hourly rate in NZ between $10-16nz per hour,about $500-800nz per week in the hand.
Most companies you might stay away most nights,But that is a better and free way to look around NZ,Most will pay you extra $$ for this.

If you were too live with some one in a flatting situation,In which you would hardly be at home anyway the cost is between $80-150nz pw.

Now if you would like to come over I would have a recruiter/finders fee (of course)
I will send to you send you the Immigration papers to fill out and you will send them back too me to finalise here in NZ.

I will not take your recruitment fee until you are in NZ with a driving job, as I feel this would make you feel more at ease

You will have a job before you get here and this will be supported by the fact you will have your Immigration papers stating which company you are working for.
I will admit I do not have a company right now as I do not have any-one to place,But it is one steep at a time and will get fit together better as I grow.

So then, I hope I make it all sound pretty good for you and help you too realise it is risk free and you are taken care of.

Any questions, I will have the answers.

Hope too hear back from you. Steve>>

Make of it what you will,
Salut, David.

The words “Barge Pole” spring to mind along with “would not touch with a” spring to mind.

Yeah sounds too good to be true that one, however I do know that Canada cant get enough immigrants, not sure about the situation in NZ, although its one place I would love to go to for the following reasons 1) They’re not Yanks 2) They speak English better than the Yanks 3) They’re not Australian 4) They drive on the correct side of the road 5) The climate is more what we’re used to over here and I think they are more accepting of brits than most countries.

If I wasnt so ■■■■■■■ here at the moment I’d be off, but maybe not with that firm.

later

Allrighty

Hello folks :slight_smile:

Can anyone let me know where to get more info about driving in Canada.
I will get Class 2 here soon, and am curious about how easy it is to get a driving job in Canada.

Are they really desperate for drivers there?
Does anyone arrange things before you leave?

Thanks for any feedback :slight_smile:

aposhark

i’m currently going through the steps to get a driving job in the uk from the usa so i’m sort of in the same boat as you. also as a us driver i’ve been to canada many times and have noticed that there is a lot of immigrants doing container work out of montreal. although montreal is technically a french speaking town, you can get by on english no problem. as far as being able to work in canada, get ahold of a canadian embassy or consulate office in your country and they’ll get you all the information. i hope any of this is beneficial and any info on companies that hire immigrants in your country would be welcomed.