Hi, Anyone with info on jobs in New Zealand?

I have had it with the M1 and want to move lock, stock and barrel to NZ. I am trying to get hold of contact details for employers who may be able to offer employment for a class 1 driver with forks, ADR and instructor quals, Don’t mind where we live and work Anyone there with help or advice from down under please :question: :question: :question: :question: .

Welcome to TN SS, but I think you’ll find all you want by using the ‘search’ facility typing in the words New Zealand. It has been covered before by those there and in the UK.

How many jobs do you want?

Same as UK, every company here is looking for good experienced drivers.

Hop on a plane I guarantee, if you are any good you will get a job offer.

chosen 1,you’re sticking it well! you still b-training it? got a plan to come over in july and use it to meet people for future jobs.in touch also with some via the other site for even more info. hope you and family are still doing well,cheers

Hey Ron, Yeah we are all well. Young lad has started learning to drive, (you can get a learners licence here at 15yrs, :open_mouth: how scary is that??)

Still on the B-Train :sunglasses: , battling Auckland traffic and mad reversing manoeuvres.

Stay in touch, maybe we can hook up when you come over.

John

chosen1 .hey you draycote driver
wot year wos you at tesco for draycote
from transport office at tesco daventry :stuck_out_tongue:
hi ya you, this is jen from the transport desk at tesco dav 2.
I remember most of the drivers from draycote ie… scamper, legs from manchester,the 1 with the scooter 007 as he looked like the severn dwafts in 1
but i cnt picture you,give us a clue. :laughing:
we are trying to find work & live in nz :exclamation: :laughing:

Thanks for the replies with info about jobs.

It looks like I will be flying over to NZ on a recce in October to try and sort out a job and house etc. My plan is to fly over, get a hire car and the yellow pages then go knocking on doors with my CV, is this the best approach :question: :question: :question:

If anyone out there knows of any firms looking for drivers could I please have one or two contacts it may save me a bit of time searching in my 3 week visit.
I’m UK class 1 with full ADR (incl tankers) and forks and don’t mind where we settle.

Many Thanks

PS any Ex Sappers out there :question:

G’ Day,

Was only at Draycote for 6mths, Best job I ever had, Best of Gear, Good bunch of lads, Good clean easy work, I was gutted when I left. I was the Scotsman in T624AOK.

ssthorp- Where you planning on heading? You really need to decide where you want to be and what kind of work you want to do.I would cruise round a few Web-Sites, most have a Jobs Available section, Fire off an E-mail explaining that you are coming over, etc, etc. Try www.yellowpages.co.nz to find companies, the list really is endless, if you want to know about a particular company, let me know and I will see what I can find out for ya.

Also check out www.trademe.co.nz for jobs, houses, cars,etc, etc, It is our equivalent of E-Bay, it will give you some idea of costs of living here.

John

Hi John

Thanks for that, I will have a butchers at those sites but have come up with a plan after getting advice from another trucknet response.

We are hoping to settle in the Canterbury/ Christchurch area and will be heading down that way in October. I am in the middle of getting my arctic instructor ticket at present but once that is all done and dusted I will be able to get cracking with this migration.

Do you know of any training companies that may be looking for anyone :question:

Cheers

ssthorp:
I am in the middle of getting my arctic instructor ticket at present

Wouldn’t an Antarctic ticket be more useful down there?

Sorry :blush:

Good one,

At least it’s got your attention. any help with the above :question: :question: :question:

Cheers

:open_mouth:

Hi Steve,

I don’t think your UK instructors ticket will count for count for much here.

Another useful site for company contacts, and all you Truck photo junkies out there is www.xtrucking.com

John

hi all

am looking to live and work in new zealand, half way there in geting work visa.
am a truck driver of 15 years, can any one tell me wot i need to drive trucks
in new zealand, do i need to take any test to drive out there, looking to live auckland.

help would be great
thanks
richard

chosen.1:
Hi Steve,

I don’t think your UK instructors ticket will count for count for much here.

Another useful site for company contacts, and all you Truck photo junkies out there is www.xtrucking.com

John

Not so sure about that. My landlady (ADI) has just returned home after 3 years and she was teaching car drivers. She scared me with tales that 3rd party insurance is not compulsory :open_mouth:

After our UK brothers(and sisters)qualify for NZ visa’s have a look at this company;
logicalstaffing.com.au/www/6 … efault.asp

They recruit direct from NZ to work in Australia.
Australia has an "Open"door policy in regards to New Zealand Immigration etc,and just quietly that is how a “Foreigner” will gain Aussie work permits etc.
But you didn’t hear it from me :laughing: :laughing:

ssthorp:
At least it’s got your attention. any help with the above :question: :question: :question:

Sorry Steve, my only first hand experience of NZ was one day passing through 40 odd years ago :open_mouth: :unamused: , but I know there are others here who will answer your queries. Best of luck with it, a nice place to live I believe. :slight_smile:

Hi,
you will need to sit the theory test to drive in NZ but no need to do another driving test…theory test is a scratchcard you scratch off the right answer…hopefully! :sunglasses:

Phil