New drivers in new zealand

me and the family are looking at moving no NZ! could anyone tell me if any of the companies will take on newly qualified drivers? ive had my class 1 for only 4 months but we wana get out of britain!

Firstly, I would check with New Zealand house I maybe incorrect but I believe you need 3 yrs of driving to satisfy there immigration … you did when I got my work permit for NZ

Yep thats a roger. Its 3 years. I only have 1 more year and then i have mine :slight_smile:

2 and a half lovley years of the british loads woo hoo!!

I have been thinkin bout movin over there with my family, surely its not that easy, I’ve been driving for 14 years now, I got no money, what you see is what you get. do you not have to pay these agencies to do all the paperwork and the legal stuff which costs loadsamoney? But tell me if its different please I’m all ears. Paul

cant get residency by being a truck driver unless you earn $55k for a 40 hr week which isnt really doable.you can get over on a visa to work if/when you get a employer and you can renew the visa as long as truckdriving is still on the shortage list but you will not qualify for residency.

G’Day Ron,

How ya goin? You not ready to bite the bullet yet and move over here?

yes john,planning for next summer when the youngest last exams finish.even if the wife isnt ready or convinced its been left that ill be going for at least 6 mths for a long working holiday :slight_smile: still in auckland yourself?by the way is that info still correct about residency and £55k?

Good on Ya,
Its worth a look, and if it disnae work out you can always go back, if you don’t try it, it will always bug ya.
Yep, your pretty spot on Re Residency, 55k is easily achieveable, but the 40hr week is the stumbling block. 26.50p/h, really is top dollar, I hear it is possible, but I don’t know of any drivers on that rate.
Yeah mate still in Aucks, don’t do much driving these days, more into Operations and Management side of things now.

My mate danny has moved out to lake taupo?
He says its the best thing hes ever done. Ill ask him if i can post up some of the pics he`s sent me of the trucks and scenery, it looks bloody gorgeous

Here`s a few of his beast of a motor!

Hope you like them.

Don’t look bad for an Argosey…

or an argosy :sunglasses:

Yes shes a good old girl.The old 535 ■■■■■■■ will give you a good run for your money.Its not all happy days and roses here you have to go hard between monday to friday but you get the whole weekend off ,
But the truck takes a lot of cleaning i.e chrome etc…But it beats the uk ,you do drive the truck here.