Driving Assessment

Hi can anyone let me know what to expect from a driving assessment a with Brakes as ive got a job interview with them tomorrow

Dunno about the assessment but expect hard work if you take the job

I don’t mind a bit of hard work there advertising 29k per year + benefits just doesn’t mention the hours but im sure ill find that out tomorrow

One near me it’s 32k class 2

not sure where you are but this is for there new depot in harlow but looking at there job ads the money varies from depot to depot which I find strange a class 2 driver is a class 2 driver surely you should all get the same regardless of where you work out of

Thinking about a lookie at that too as I’m from Harlow. Mate works for the one in Chelmsford (at the mo) and I think they pay the same as Stortford at 23k ish so don’t seem to bad.

As I mentioned their advertising 29k but ill spill the beans on whats involved when I get back from interview

Will you start this weekend or wait until Monday

I haven’t got the job yet !!

I am not sure if you done the assessment yet or not, but if not, it maybe a basic tacho rules test, then do a walk around check of the vehicle.
Health and safety briefing, drive around the block.
Most of their walk is to hotels, nightclubs, pubs, schools and high streets.
Using cages, or a pump truck for pallets.
Expect goods to go up stairs,and down stairs and cellars.
Lifts used to deliver goods.
Some clients have attitudes and treat you like something they trod in and won’t help.

You will

So my mate says you deliver to the same customers on the same route all the time. I do something similar at the mo and after you build up a bit of a relationship with the customer you tend not to get the attitude and more likely to help. Also tend to get free food/drink etc…I do anyway lol. He does a fair few drops and says it is hard work but loves it.