Class 2 jobs in Essex?

Hi all,

So since passing class 2/cat C on Friday I have been having a good scout around the internet looking for vacancies in Essex.

There seems to be a fair bit about, but how much of this is recruitment agency waffle?

Was hoping some of you lovely people from Essex would help me by giving me a heads up on some firms that seem to be good to the newly passed drivers at the moment.

Thanks for any help people it will be much appreciated. Anything I find out job wise I will also post in case it helps someone out there.

Cheers
Mark [emoji4]

If you don`t mind pallet network multi drop then you could try Simarco at Witham or SLI at Colchester.
I think I see Hamblion transport at Colchester also advertising , general haulage with nights out.

Co op at Thurrock were advertising.

Could also try a few of the skip companies in your area

I’ve been working at Bookers in North Weald since passing C last Nov. Not everyone’s cup of tea but monies ok for a newb, it’s not particularly difficult and there are quite aware of you newbie status. Got job through DriverForce UK (agency) based in Basildon and would recommend them. Might be worth a try.

Mate works at Simarco and enjoys it. He also worked at Brakes and only left as they moved from Chelmsford to Harlow increasing his commute.

I also recommend Simarco as I work there! I’ve been there 5 weeks now and really enjoy it. Yeah it is pallet deliveries but you take what you get :sunglasses: . I started as a newbie with no experience, but had previously done multi drop in a van so maybe that helped sway their decision. Please don’t go with SLI, absolute dog ■■■ firm so I’ve been told, by more than one driver :confused:

Drop Simarco an email/cv, if you want of course!

Best of luck

D’B

Congrats on passing your pass 2 Mark! :smiley:

Best of luck with the job hunt!

Thanks guys for the help so far. Some of those firms are on my list but some were not, so worth a bit of research on.

Cheers for taking time to post.
Mark

So I called driver force agency in Basildon. They said they had no interest in drivers under 2 years HGV experience. He told me best bet would be to go and find a company willing to train up new drivers not agencies…oh well move on to next plan then [emoji3][emoji106]

Strange about Driver Force, I’d only passed C 2 weeks before and didn’t even mention my lack of experience (they obviously knew). Don’t have any clients at present who will take on newb’s I guess…

Yeah Dave really strange to be honest. The fella who answered didn’t really give me the time of day. Cut me off pretty quick and said they would not be interested. I have been doing multi drop in a 3.5 tonner for a year and in past life held down a pretty high level job for 12 years. so not a spring chicken but he seemed to think I was about 18 years old looking for my first job. Told me to go and find a perm job that could train me up as their agency drivers work a week here and a week there and need to be able to hit the ground running. I Didn’t argue just thanked him for the advice and put the phone down.

Are you more towards the Basildon area then mate? Didn’t help me recommending a company in witham then lol! There’s gotta be some work about down there somewhere, Thurrock area maybe? There’s K E Kent that I know of, don’t know if there hiring though?

Get yourself out there, door to door with cv and a smile! :grimacing:

Regards

D’B

Cheers Dan,
CV has been sent to Simarco so fingers crossed I get a response.
I am Chelmsford area by the way.

Woodland logistics in Chelmsford were advertising the other week.

Cheers Ozzie I will take a wonder down there CV in hand and a job winning smile…by the way where are you looking for current vacancies …I have been looking at the usuals indeed website etc