New Driver Assessment

After loads of searching/applying, I have my first assessment due in Southampton! :open_mouth:

Really nervous, but looking forward to it, job description just asks for experience driving commercial vehicles and a knowledge of multi-drop (I volunteered as a drivers mate for a week or two a while ago, so am used to using tail-lifts/opening/closing curtains etc and got to see how the driver looked after the load).

On the phone, I was asked if I have experience driving over 7.5t. I said yes as I’ve taken a couple of extra days driving class 2 after passing my test - I wasn’t asked how long/if it was for work etc. Would I be better off ringing back and expanding on the fact that I am a new pass, or just go for it seeing as the job spec doesn’t ask for specific work exp?

It’ll be in an area I am quite new to road-wise and will probably be in a different type of lorry when compared to the one I learned in & the one I was crewed in, so is there any advice I could take on board?

Wish me luck, I’l keep you posted! If I don’t get the job, hopefully I’ll still have learned some bits & bobs and have some feedback on my driving from someone in the know.

Who with ? Pm me if you don’t want to say publicly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:
Who with ? Pm me if you don’t want to say publicly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have PM’ed you :slight_smile: