driver myths

weve had a new driver start at our place and I had him with me yesterday so we could do scarborough, hull and grimsby and lincoln and get back to so I could load up for newcastle upon tyne today

any way all day i was entertained with the following rather tall tales along with a load more :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

" I had to get the old bill to tell tesco to cone off the bays either side so I can have my 9 hour break"

" I was meant to be on the herald of free enterprise but broke down so missed the sailing"

and the one that had me burst out laughing was the all time classic

ā€œIā€™m only driving wagons till I can find another design job, I was working for Rover at longbridge and worked in the design deptā€

Andydisco:
any way all day i was entertained with the following rather tall tales along with a load more :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ā€œI was meant to be on the herald of free enterprise but broke down so missed the sailingā€

did they have operation stack in action when that ferry set sail :question: as i gather there were a hell of a lot of drivers who just missed that ferryā€¦ :unamused: :unamused:

Andydisco:
" I had to get the old bill to tell tesco to cone off the bays either side so I can have my 9 hour break"

suprised he didnt say the chalk marks are still on the floorā€¦ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Andydisco:
ā€œIā€™m only driving wagons till I can find another design job, I was working for Rover at longbridge and worked in the design deptā€

well that explains there demise then :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good luck with him :exclamation: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Andydisco:
weve had a new driver start at our place and I had him with me yesterday so we could do scarborough, hull and grimsby and lincoln and get back to so I could load up for newcastle upon tyne today

" I was meant to be on the herald of free enterprise but broke down so missed the sailing"

He is probably a trucknet member :laughing:

was he at the wally stop or had he just left there ? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Had he ever done the middle east.

Andydisco:

I reckon you should ask for another day out with him, after all you really get a chance to spend time with a bloke whoā€™s done that much in his life. :laughing:

yer and get him to brig his left handed screw driver in with him of which he designed himself, then send him the shop for a nice tasty bag of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  drops :laughing:

or you could send him to goods in at tescos and ask him to ask for a long stand oops thats not a myth sorry :smiley: :smiley: or any other rdc

HAIRYGORILLA:
or you could send him to goods in at tescos and ask him to ask for a long stand oops thats not a myth sorry :smiley: :smiley: or any other rdc

bags of oil pressure was always a good one :laughing:

ask him if he remembers the stairs at Dover and when they put an elevator in :stuck_out_tongue:

muckles:

Andydisco:

I reckon you should ask for another day out with him, after all you donā€™t really get a chance to spend time with a bloke whoā€™s done that much in his life. :laughing:

You are right muckles, he sounds like he didnā€™t have enough time to tell Andy about when he was in the S.A.S. or is he saving that one for tomorrow :laughing: .

Itā€™s quite unbelievable the amount of truck drivers who are ex-Special Forces!

Iā€™ve met a few in my time, including the ā€œsecond man into the Iranian Embassy in Tehran in 1980ā€! :open_mouth:

When I informed him that it was actually the Iranian Embassy in London, his reply was ā€œYes I knowā€¦I was second man into that one as wellā€.

:laughing: :laughing:

(Heā€™s driving tankers now, earning Ā£65k per annum - well thatā€™s what heā€™s saying anyway!)

Wheel Nut:

HAIRYGORILLA:

bags of oil pressure was always a good one :laughing:

i sent our apprentice out to get a box of valve clearances. he came back with an empty cardboard box, another tech said theyā€™re the wrong size, so he went out for some more. :laughing:
after that, he now questions everything before doing it.

I was sent to a VW dealer when i was an apprentice mechanic, to ask for top and bottom hoses and rad cap for a VW beetle.

Koop:
I was sent to a VW dealer when i was an apprentice mechanic, to ask for top and bottom hoses and rad cap for a VW beetle.

:laughing: :laughing:

Personally I just love to listen to these sort of blokes - the job would be so much duller without them :laughing:

I was sent for tins of tartan paint when I was an YTSā€™er. Checked with the bloke that sent me that
I could use the pickup, yes no problem he laughed. Anyway I [zb]ed off home for the afternoon and
went back to the garage about 4:45 to be met by the boss. The conversation went like this.

Boss; Where the [zb] have you been all afternoon, we needed that pickup to go to a breakdown.
Me; Well xxxx(name withheld to protect the guilty) sent me for tins of tartan paint. Iā€™ve been to
Ayr, irvine, Kilmarnock but I couldnā€™t get any.

The boss stood there fuming. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Colingl:
I was sent for tins of tartan paint when I was an YTSā€™er. Checked with the bloke that sent me that
I could use the pickup, yes no problem he laughed. Anyway I [zb]ed off home for the afternoon and
went back to the garage about 4:45 to be met by the boss. The conversation went like this.

Boss; Where the [zb] have you been all afternoon, we needed that pickup to go to a breakdown.
Me; Well xxxx(name withheld to protect the guilty) sent me for tins of tartan paint. Iā€™ve been to
Ayr, irvine, Kilmarnock but I couldnā€™t get any.

The boss stood there fuming. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i was warned about these sorts of things before i did my work experience, but luckely they never tryed it with me. :smiley:

When i was an apprentice mechanic i got told to check the giggling pin hadā€™nt come out of the laughing shaft.

bikerpeavey:
When i was an apprentice mechanic i got told to check the giggling pin hadā€™nt come out of the laughing shaft.

I thought that could only happen if the Fufu valve was blocked !! :laughing:

Truth or myth ?
A B+Q driver that was delivering to Dover, sat on the M20 for two days in operation stack ?