driver myths

another good one for a trainee mechanic is to send them to out to buy a tub of elbow grease :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The FLT one is good -
Say to newbie in warehouse that your FLT has got a fault with the counter balance and send them to the suppliers and to ask for a LONG WAIT (weight)…

i’m an apprentice at the moment which envolves working on old aircooled vw’s the currant favourts at the moment are;

skyhooks
asking the parts people on the phone for a water pump for an 68 to 72 beetle

the tyre and exhaust people are good to,
me, hiya i need a pair of tyres
them, what sort of tyres do you need?
me, black round ones do you have them?

and the tyre and exhaust dilivery person is a laugh to,
me, i bet your tyred and exhausted of this job.

ok,ok i know the taxi is here

Wheel Nut:
ask him if he remembers the stairs at Dover and when they put an elevator in :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was an escalator!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

bullitt:

Wheel Nut:
ask him if he remembers the stairs at Dover and when they put an elevator in :stuck_out_tongue:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was an escalator!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Sorry it was an Americanism from when I drove all over the states for 20 years :laughing:

The European States :laughing:

When I had my apprentices at the Polish State Railways, in Railroads departament, we used to come to the blonde girls, who were sitting on the rail and ask them to move to make some space for us :wink:

It took them about three days to notice, that on the rail on the route “Szczecin - Bratislava” there should be enaugh space to sit for all 7 of us :slight_smile:

orys:
we used to come to the blonde girls

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I used to work in a boatyard and we used to send the apprentice to the store’s for" wooden welding rods" and a packet of "sparks " for the angle grinder :smiley:

years ago a lad who had fell for quite a few of these tricks came to me and said i was asked to go to the stores and get a wire mesh oil can, are they winding me up. i told him they were as he should make sure he got it with perforated oil otherwise it would leak :laughing: he did ask the stores for just that.

we once sent the yts boy to the co-op to get a pint of milk for our tea, skimmed or whole? get us mothers milk! and thats what he asked for lol.
we also sent him to a neighbouring garage to ask if they knew what the intermittent fault was with the boss’s wifes menstual cycle he came back and asked how often it broke down. lol