cock up

be honest…whats the daftest things youve done :question: i`ll start off.

when i was 17 and on 7.5s i was told to meet another driver outside thorntons on saucihall street in glasgow at midnight.id never been to scotland before and i thought the m1 went all the way,so i didnt look at the map,i thought ill crack on a bit first.anyway i got to leeds and ran out of road so i thought id better get the map out.i did`nt know which way was best so just picked the most direct route which was straight up the pennines.ended coming out somewhere near kendal i think.many hours later i pulled up outside the shop followed 10 mins later by the driver i was due to meet

RESULT :smiley:

Not truck related, but a few years ago I was servicing photo booths and had to go to the Isle of Wight to service 4 machines.

2 hours to the ferry port plus crossing time plus getting to first call and I realise I have left the keys needed to get into the booths at home :blush:

Entire day wasted plus fuel and crossing fees and had to phone the boss to explain that I had been a complete ■■■.

doh :exclamation:

A few year’s ago i had to go and load a flat bed for one of our driver’s. I got on to the m25 i looked on my map to see where i was coming off at. Then i realised that i should of been back down near dover doh :blush: . I soon truned round and got down to thr frim and did my pick up and back up to the yard to meet one of are driver’s who had to get home.

Once had a delivery in Eastbourne, followed by a collection from Courage in Greenford. it was only when I pulled up outside P&G in Thurrock that i realised i had turned the wrong way onto the M25 :blush:

Thats all not so bad.
I was all night on computer,worked all day and next night till 3 on the Computer.
went at 5 to work but was 12 hour too early :grimacing:
waked up to go to Toilet and it was Dark and it was 5,and i,as i had slept all day,i was thinking its 5 at morning,not thinking that it was my Day off.
So i went to Company and night Manager gave me the Envelope with my Wages.So slowly by a cuppa found i out that its evening,as he explained me what i will have to do at Morning

I once went to Iceland Luton when I should have gone to Iceland Swindon. I backed on a bay and stretched out for a snooze when the guy knocked the door and told me. :blush:

Ahhh,…
And there are 2 Tesco in High weicombe :bulb: i know now

I’d been sent by one particular firm to Southampton no end of times, always the same “Southampton” which was one-stop on nursling ind’est.

Told “Southampton” booked in for 01:00, no problem. Shoot off down there, arrive at 12:15 and ring number on one-stop’s gate ooh 12 times at least, by now it’s 01:30 and I’m starting to wonder what’s up- the place is deserted and I’d never been given a booking time before! It’s Sunday (well, Monday). Eventually I check the paperwork which tells me I should be at tesco’s thankfully on the same industrial estate.

So, instead of being 45mins early, I was over half an hour late! Oops.

tipped in slough with moffett mounty,did curtains up and off i went.got to oxford services for my 45 min break,walked to the toilets and noticed NO MOFFETT ON THE BACK OFF THE TRAILER!..first thing i thought off was it fell off and destroyed all cars coming up the m40 but then got a call from the transportdept telling meto go back to slough andcollect your moffett!!..muppett!

did u have the back lights folded in all that time then :question: :cry:

yes i did,i realised thats what all the drivers going past me in cars blaring there horns and finger pointing as soon as i got to the services, my wagon could do 59mph and so every truck i overtook flashed me in which i thought thats very nice of evry driver today but a few flashed like the clappers but me thinking there just ■■■■■■ off with me because i can do supersonic speed and they can only do 56mph…yes .muppett i am!!!

commonrail:
did u have the back lights folded in all that time then :question: :cry:

had a collection last year from general medical council, in Oxford street, Manchester, to go down to euston tower in nw London, arrived just after lunchtime and headed up to the fifth floor, all the while thinking I hope they have a service lift for the 6-7pallets of batteries to come down, I got directed to the post room and after numerous phone calls I was told I was early, by a whole 7 days, I looked over the paperwork I had been given by the chimps in the office and it did say the following week, when I’d picked the paperwork up I’d only glanced at the collection address for the satnav! I skulked out and called the boss, who held his hands up! ended up getting a return load out of the nec and the following week went back up to Manchester. (knew where I was going this time!)

Had a delivery from the old Tesco Coventry depot to “Southway” trunking station about 7 years ago, having been to “Northway” trunking station previously in Middlewich and seeing 2 seperate depots there, I assumed the other one down the road a bit was called “Southway”. Turned up & the fellow told me that “Southway” trunking station is the one in Welham Green, Hatfield. :blush:

Quick swerve and got there in the end! Never assume is the lesson I learned from that.

I had a fridge trailer on a couple of years ago with a shutter door on the back and done one delivery and then drove to another delivery only 1/2 hr away with the shutter door still up/open and that included motorway driving. Lucky enough there was only four pallets left on the very front end and it was winter so temp was still about plus3 anyway but quite a few lorries past me as i remember i was limited to 85 kph but no one bothered to tell me . :blush: :blush:

on clocking out one night i was told that the next morning i was to deliver a machine to a local door mfr that we did all the transport for.when i got to work next day i noticed my lift axle was down so i presumed it was loaded.i drove the 10 or so miles to my destination like i was carrying semtex or something.i arrived at the drop and everyone gathered round(including bosses)eager for a glimpse of their nice new machine,i whipped the back doors open and it was empty.

anticlimax or what :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

elcamino:
tipped in slough with moffett mounty,did curtains up and off i went.got to oxford services for my 45 min break,walked to the toilets and noticed NO MOFFETT ON THE BACK OFF THE TRAILER!..first thing i thought off was it fell off and destroyed all cars coming up the m40 but then got a call from the transportdept telling meto go back to slough andcollect your moffett!!..muppett!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Got to Stanway Sainsbury’s one night, 26 pallets. Gets myself on the bunk, knock at door, ‘driver your load is for Stanmore!’
Oh blimey! See ya lads. :smiley:

Did an event at Leeds Castle some years ago, came on site at 8.00am for start of the load in. All was good apart from a missing production truck of lights from Germany. He made contact an hour later saying he was in Leeds, but no one knew where a castle was. As he shipped Dover we didn’t have the heart to tell him how close he had been.

commonrail:
on clocking out one night i was told that the next morning i was to deliver a machine to a local door mfr that we did all the transport for.when i got to work next day i noticed my lift axle was down so i presumed it was loaded.i drove the 10 or so miles to my destination like i was carrying semtex or something.i arrived at the drop and everyone gathered round(including bosses)eager for a glimpse of their nice new machine,i whipped the back doors open and it was empty.

anticlimax or what :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

Haha quality, best story so far! What the hell did you say?