Today's events

So I’m quick to highlight my company’s wrong doings in previous post but in this case am I in the wrong,obviously I know it’s classed as work but…
Had a long nite 0030 start,delay at start of shift then at load/tip points.
Now I got the return load back but to a road in the industrial estate where depot is at 1529 card out.

I then got my stuff and took keys in to office to be greeted by"you shouldn’t be here"and it was if I was being schooled.but I just thought I was doing them a favour by getting back legally.
Now I was ready to Day out if needed but I just made it.

What’s your company rules regarding a matter like this?

images-21.jpg

I’ve read your opening post, I then read it again…WTF are you on about?

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I’ve read your opening post, I then read it again…WTF are you on about?

:laughing: :laughing:

driving without a card in the industrial estate I think

Did someone forgot to go to a collection?

I’m assuming he’s carved job up and is now the Judas that ■■■■■■ it up for the rest of the careful, considerate drivers…

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Maybe they were planning to run a changeover out to you? Plenty of times I’ve been held back by the office to park up at Worcester or Ross on Wye instead of running all the way back even if I had the time to do so, my question to you is did you communicate your intentions to the office or just drive home regardless? If it’s the latter and I was your Boss you’d possibly be looking for a new job. :wink:

Edit:
Lol, It’s only just dawned on me it’s Friday, duh, assuming you’re a Mon to Fri tramper feel free to disregard… :blush:

Reef:
Maybe they were planning to run a changeover out to you? Plenty of times I’ve been held back by the office to park up at Worcester or Ross on Wye instead of running all the way back even if I had the time to do so, my question to you is did you communicate your intentions to the office or just drive home regardless? If it’s the latter and I was your Boss you’d possibly be looking for a new job. :wink:

Not a tall.
I’m a night man.i had my jobs to complete then get back to depot for 12 o clock but due to hold ups I ran late.
At our place they say you ant aloud to be on company’s grounds once you have done 15hrs.yes it’s the law but I took the keys back that’s all.Does that make sense now?

buses:

Reef:

Not a tall.
I’m a night man.i had my jobs to complete then get back to depot for 12 o clock but due to hold ups I ran late.
At our place they say you ant aloud to be on company’s grounds once you have done 15hrs.yes it’s the law but I took the keys back that’s all.Does that make sense now?

Yes it does and you are all that’s wrong with this industry now!
15 hours and you still want to be working…For free?

buses:
Not a tall.

Ahh ok, I do tend to assume people are trampers unless they actually specify in the original post.

Like I said in my edit, i totally forgot it was Friday which makes my post mute even if you were a tramper, as for your specific issue, no idea without knowing the full story from the offices perspective too.

Let’s just say
Northampton-nottingham-erith-dartford collection and back.
I was close on time and was going to Day out as I work nights but I went for it and made it to a side road near base with the collection.
0030 start means I had till 1530.
I got paperwork,My stuff and locked cab and walked to company but at this time it’s 1540 ie I’ve been at work 15hr 10mins.

So I was asking where does your firm stand on this?
I’ve been collected in a van and took back to get my car at a other firm with nowt said etc but this firm states what I’ve said above

Grumpy_old_trucker:

buses:

Reef:

Not a tall.

I ant bothered regarding hours.if I wanted 9hr I would of went to work at Maccys.
Please don’t tell me your one of these I ant working longer than 12hr guys…But before digi cards came you was breaking every law.com

If I’m getting this right, yes your in the wrong according to WTD laws. By 10 minutes. Which isn’t recorded on anything, so, who cares? Obviously the office staff is a jobs worth which is why they’ve said something. If you know the staff and how they would react I would have rang them, said I was ten minutes down the road and do you want me to drop the keys in as I’ve got a lift home.

[emoji111][emoji111][emoji111] that’s what I’d say as you’ve done em a favour by getting back to the yard and now the day man can use that truck so everyone’s a winner… [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

buses:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

buses:

Reef:

Not a tall.

I ant bothered regarding hours.if I wanted 9hr I would of went to work at Maccys.
Please don’t tell me your one of these I ant working longer than 12hr guys…But before digi cards came you was breaking every law.com

The fact that your grammar is comparable to primary school children’s grammar suggests that perhaps McDonalds maybe would suit your intellect.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Really? Walking up the road on the same Ind est and handing your keys in and jumping in your car (assumedly) and going home 10 mins over the 15 hardly classes as “Working” paid or otherwise…

Grumpy_old_trucker:
The fact that your grammar is comparable to primary school children’s grammar suggests that perhaps McDonalds maybe would suit your intellect.

Calm down, why does every [zb]ing post have to resort to Grammar Nazism and personal insults these days?

stevezx7r:
If I’m getting this right, yes your in the wrong according to WTD laws. By 10 minutes. Which isn’t recorded on anything, so, who cares? Obviously the office staff is a jobs worth which is why they’ve said something. If you know the staff and how they would react I would have rang them, said I was ten minutes down the road and do you want me to drop the keys in as I’ve got a lift home.

I think it’s drivers hours not wtd rules. I am in my 3rd week and tonight had to abandon the truck in the yard without fuel and putting on a bay as got to 12.59 with no reduced available.

However this is what they want so I will do it. The desk didn’t look happy that I didn’t wait for them to do the paperwork but thats what I have been told to do so that’s what I did

STGIV.gif

@buses
I’m finding it hard to make out your point in this thread as your writing style is horrendous verging on childish, but I reckon your trying to say you worked over 15 hours like a hero and now want others opinions on this. Just guessing

So allowing for a ■■■■ poor troll attempt I can only say what you do is up to you but what sort of idiot posts on a pro drivers forum about going over their hours unless their agenda is to bait members.

In which case enjoy and please let us know when you have had your first ■■■■■■ experience.
Preferably not with a relative as that don’t count.

I should slip in a quick apology here as I don’t mean to be offensive but the OP hasn’t made itself clear.