Today's events

Your firm have made it clear to you how they are applying drivers hours rules. It might be a good idea to comply with their wishes. The vast majority of other companies wouldn’t have been bothered but that’s their business. Do you clock in and did you download your card?

The law is clear and your firm encourages you to abide by it. You decided not to and they slapped your wrist.
Why not send them a text message telling them you’ll drop keys and notes off in morning then walk up and pick ip your car and forget about it. You’ll never be thanked for doing them a favour and you’ll never be backed if you break the rules, you may as well use them (the rules) to benefit you.

Fair enough.

But as said I’ve said in another post they want you to ring In during your rest period or send a txt to disturb your “rest” but then play the Law game when it suits?

It was a simple question.

Captain Caveman 76:
The law is clear and your firm encourages you to abide by it. You decided not to and they slapped your wrist.
Why not send them a text message telling them you’ll drop keys and notes off in morning then walk up and pick ip your car and forget about it. You’ll never be thanked for doing them a favour and you’ll never be backed if you break the rules, you may as well use them (the rules) to benefit you.

This is true thanks for the advice.

buses:
Fair enough.

But as said I’ve said in another post they want you to ring In during your rest period or send a txt to disturb your “rest” but then play the Law game when it suits?

It was a simple question.

I don’t know how you’d stand regarding text messages, but as far as the phone call goes, that’s already been proven as disturbing a drivers rest. Like I said earlier, use the laws to suit you (or words to that effect).

truckertang:
[emoji111][emoji111][emoji111] that’s what I’d say as you’ve done em a favour by getting back to the yard and now the day man can use that truck so everyone’s a winner… [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It’ll be the night man taking over from the night man at 15:30 :laughing: