Driver cpc

Have i missed it somewhere, as of 10th september 2009 next year do i have to have completed my driver cpc to keep truckin, or do you get so many years from then ?
Presently had lgv c+e over 16 years and not due 1st medical for another 4 1/2 years. So do i let my licence expire next year or when. From what i’ve read it is a totally different piece of paper from my other CPC.

TA for all the expected answers from you knowledgeable trainer types with the big deep pockets :slight_smile:

As usual the govt info is in plain English/Polish

transportoffice.gov.uk/crt/v … rivers.htm

speedyguy:
Have i missed it somewhere, as of 10th september 2009 next year do i have to have completed my driver cpc to keep truckin

As a current licence holder you’ll get an extra 5 years until you need to complete it.

As you already have your HGV licence you won’t have to complete any training for the Driver CPC until the Sept 2014.
So don’t let your licence expire.

its a bloody joke this cpc

The classroom is going to be very busy on the 9th September 2014.

Dont worry you can have my place. I am not doing it :smiley:

Wheel Nut:
The classroom is going to be very busy on the 9th September 2014. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dont worry you can have my place. I am not doing it :smiley:

I was hopin to be properly retired by now, i suppose i can manage another couple of years if i scrape together my medical money :confused: .

Anyone any idea how much it costs, as an ex o/d i worked out at least £1,500 for a weeks lost earnings,+ £500 if the subbed firm “hire” haulage in, plus the course fee maybe £500, therefore two grand, at 5 yearly intervals it’s still £40 a month on your overheads :frowning: .

Pretty glad not to be an O/D anymore not worth the mither/regulation :confused:

GOOD EXPLANATION HERE :smiley:

Even as a company employed driver within a company that will pay for it I still think it’s a load of crap and wil change nothing.

Wonder what would happen if we boycotted the new CPC thats due for us truckers in 2014 ?

I mean where’s the Government gonna find 1000’s of truckers to make sure the fuel and food etc gets to where its needed?

Don’t mind me , just in one of my weird crazy brainstorm sessions atm :slight_smile:

BigJon:
Wonder what would happen if we boycotted the new CPC thats due for us truckers in 2014 ?

I mean where’s the Government gonna find 1000’s of truckers to make sure the fuel and food etc gets to where its needed?

:bulb: :bulb: Proably the EU where a lot of them will probably have their CPC cards - and probably spent 30 seconds having their attendance boxes ticked without having ever attended a classroom session etc… maybe :question: :question:

ROG:
[maybe :question: :question:

What cracks me up is

The Driving Standards Agency is taking the lead in implementing EU Directive 2003/59 which requires all professional bus, coach and lorry drivers to hold a Driver CPC in addition to their vocational driving licence. It comes into force across all European Union member states on:
insert date

Where there is rules to follow we lead, :slight_smile: but no one else follows our lead :astonished: or am i just being cynical, :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the advice guys & ROG