Any one know about CPC

CAN any one tell me what this cpc that is happening as of 2009 and dose any one no where i can find out more about it

Briefly…if you already have a HGV licence you will get it by ‘grandfather rights’ and have to renew it with training and stuff every five years. If you havn’t already got a HGV licence then as well as the test you will have to do lots more complicated stuff to do with lorries, stuff like drivers hours, legislation, weights and stuff like that to get your ‘drivers CPC’. Your Transport Manager who holds an Operators Licence and a CPC has no obligation to update his qualifications though. It sort of ■■■■■ dunnit? We’ll end up knowing more than our gaffers, but hang on, we know that already !!!

skillsforlogistics.org/en/in … river-cpc/

Try that…

Adam

So 2 points then…

As an HGV licence holder,I automatically get it until 2014,which is the first 5 year period after it’s introduction.Fine.

But as an original CPC holder,I don’t have to update,even though I drive?

Kinda contradictory in terms,and obviously I would pick the latter.

Ken.

dogthehunter:
http://www.skillsforlogistics.org/en/index/training/driver-cpc/

Try that…

I prefered my version rather than the long version by my favourite charity, and yes ‘Skills for Logistics’ are a registered charity. I love their disclaimer too…

The information and materials appearing on the Site are provided for your information purposes only and are not intended to address your particular requirements. You should not rely upon any information or ideas contained on the Site when making any decision or taking any action (or when refraining from doing so).

Their disclaimer pretty much makes their information redundant as a point of reference !!

Quinny:
So 2 points then…

As an HGV licence holder,I automatically get it until 2014,which is the first 5 year period after it’s introduction.Fine.

Ken.

No Ken, its just that the thick stupid ■■■■■ could not think of a different name for the compulsory training.

Your CPC is worthless as a CPC, but you can still use it as a CPC :stuck_out_tongue:

Quinny:
So 2 points then…

Hang on Ken, not sure if i’ve understood your post right. A CPC holder as we now know one now does not have to update or do anything, he/she just has a CPC and its stays with them. A drivers CPC has to be renewed every five years, with training, instruction and testing.
That what you was after?

TOMLEWISWD63DW:
CAN any one tell me what this cpc that is happening as of 2009 and dose any one no where i can find out more about it

if u were a real driver u wouldnt ask stupid questions :laughing:

To add to the questions…

I was thinking about doing my PCV test - mainly for the extra picture on my licence, but it might come in handy in my industry - before the CPC starts for that on the 10th, but I think I’ve missed the boat unless a very late cancellation comes up.

Having spoken to an examiner, he says that I could do my PCV practical any time (although it’ll be longer, right?) but just won’t be able to drive for hire or reward without the case study element of the CPC.

Now, if I was to do the 35 hours training for LGV as required before 2014, I take it that would then give me a ‘full’ (professional) PCV licence as well?

Mike-C:

Quinny:
So 2 points then…

Hang on Ken, not sure if i’ve understood your post right. A CPC holder as we now know one now does not have to update or do anything, he/she just has a CPC and its stays with them. A drivers CPC has to be renewed every five years, with training, instruction and testing.
That what you was after?

T’was a long day.

Yes,I see now.

The drivers cpc,is automatic until 2014,because we get grandfather rights,and then we have to take it,which hopefully by then I’ll be out of the game anyhow,as I can’t see how a jumped up little ■■■■■■ in an office,is going to teach me how to do a job,I’ve done all my life,and then issue me with a piece of worthless paper to say I can do it. :angry:

Whereas my original cpc,as I know it,still carries all the original conditions about running an operation.

Ken.

alexc:
To add to the questions…

I was thinking about doing my PCV test - mainly for the extra picture on my licence, but it might come in handy in my industry - before the CPC starts for that on the 10th, but I think I’ve missed the boat unless a very late cancellation comes up.

Having spoken to an examiner, he says that I could do my PCV practical any time (although it’ll be longer, right?) but just won’t be able to drive for hire or reward without the case study element of the CPC.

Now, if I was to do the 35 hours training for LGV as required before 2014, I take it that would then give me a ‘full’ (professional) PCV licence as well?

If you take your PCV test without the Driver CPC modules then you would only be able to drive it for non-commercial use, as you wouldn’t have a Driver CPC. But come 10th Sept 2009 if you have a LGV licence then you will automatically get your Driver CPC through ‘grandfather rights’. Therefore you should be able to driver a PCV for hire and reward, and one Driver CPC covers both LGV and PCV licences

alexc:
To add to the questions…

If you do your PCV driver CPC now then that will also count as your LGV driver CPC until Sept 2013 - by Sept 2013 you will have to complete the 35 hours ongoing (periodic) driver CPC to retain both - only 1 driver CPC is required to cover both LGV & PCV.

If you do go for it then please keep us updated on here as it will give us some idea what to expect for the INITIAL driver CPC for LGVs come Sept 10 2009 :slight_smile: