CPC 4 U . co . uk

hey all

i’ll start by saying that i do not understand anything about the new drivers cpc thing and how it relates to the old transport managers cpc thing.

but i find this any wondered if anybody had heard of them

http://www.cpc4you.co.uk/

HGV_Mikey:
i’ll start by saying that i do not understand anything about the new drivers cpc thing and how it relates to the old transport managers cpc thing.

The DRIVER CPC is not the same as, and has nothing to do with other CPCs

This is a very simple explanation for the two types of DRIVER CPC.
It deliberately does not go into any sort of detail as a lot of the details have not yet been finalised.

I have posted this in the PDF & the NEWBIES forums as it covers both the INITIAL & PERIODIC DRIVER CPCs.

There are TWO types of DRIVER CPC.

The INITIAL (to get a C or C1 licence) & the PERIODIC (ongoing) for when you have the C1, C or C+E licence

The INITIAL driver cpc is purely for a C or C1 licence acquisition and is about the same as what is done now but with some senario questions added as an extra theory test and a half hour extra of questions about certain areas of safety which may include physically showing the examiner how to strap, chain, rope a load etc

The PERIODIC driver cpc is to be (unless they change it) an ATTENDANCE of 35 hours of training at an approved centre or with an approved trainer and can be done in 5 x 7 hour sessions - the 7 hour sessions can be split into 2 half consecutive days.( 2 x 3.5 hours)

I do not know what it will cover or consist of because the DSA etc have not finalised it yet :exclamation:

If you have a C1, C or C+E licence on Sept 10 2009 then the 35 hours will need to be done by Sept 2014 to retain your right to drive for HIRE or REWARD - it does NOT affect your right to retain your LGV licence.

Those that pass the INITIAL driver cpc after Sept 10 2009 will have to do their PERIODIC driver cpc within 5 years from their pass date - the 5 year expiry date should be on the issued DRIVER CPC CARD.

The medical requirements will not change.

The upgrading to a C+E licence will not change from what it is now.

I Hope that I have managed to make things a little clearer :slight_smile:

I had a Wincanton driver tell me he had been sent on a 1 day NVQ course which was a higher qualification than the Driver CPC so he did,nt need to do it .I find it very hard to believe this loophole exists. Anyone know any different. Over to you ROG

lefkasman:
I had a Wincanton driver tell me he had been sent on a 1 day NVQ course which was a higher qualification than the Driver CPC so he did,nt need to do it .I find it very hard to believe this loophole exists. Anyone know any different. Over to you ROG

Parts of the transport NVQ (not sure of correct name) will be allowed as time towards the PDCPC but I don’t know what :unamused:

HGV_Mikey:
hey all

but i find this any wondered if anybody had heard of them

http://www.cpc4you.co.uk/

The link is for the OPERATORS CPC and not the DRIVER CPC - shame that :frowning:

lefkasman:

I have NVQ Level 2, so I’ll leave the other thing then… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Smee:

lefkasman:

I have NVQ Level 2, so I’ll leave the other thing then… :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

That’ll be at your peril then sirrr.

That was a reference to the pirate flag avatar

That’ll be at your peril then sirrr

Very good…Doh… :unamused: