Don't think theres any hope for me lol!

Williams9881:

dinosteveus1:

Williams9881:

dinosteveus1:
Welcome ‘ex’ Pongo :stuck_out_tongue:
There is hope, I’ve just got my first driving job, ever. I passed my Class 1 nearly 2 years ago. :unamused:
Before that, no Rigid work in my Area. :frowning:

BTW, ‘ex’ Crab :smiley:

:smiley: Lol hello!
Did you have previous driving experience or have ya juse done your class 1 test and started work? I would probably do that but can’t remember how to couple a trailer lol :stuck_out_tongue:… Wish I could start a class 1 job there is so much round me end in staffordshire.

Absolutely no experience of driving anything bigger than a car. Article test Aug 08

How you finding the driving side of things? I wouldn’t be bothered about jumping in one and driving i’d just prefer someone sitting in with me for a couple of days lol. I can’t wait though oh happy days sleeping up a motorway all snug :smiley: lol beats the woods!

I ain’t started yet, end of the Month and it’s driving in Euroland. Can’t wait.

dinosteveus1:

Williams9881:

dinosteveus1:

Williams9881:

dinosteveus1:
Welcome ‘ex’ Pongo :stuck_out_tongue:
There is hope, I’ve just got my first driving job, ever. I passed my Class 1 nearly 2 years ago. :unamused:
Before that, no Rigid work in my Area. :frowning:

BTW, ‘ex’ Crab :smiley:

:smiley: Lol hello!
Did you have previous driving experience or have ya juse done your class 1 test and started work? I would probably do that but can’t remember how to couple a trailer lol :stuck_out_tongue:… Wish I could start a class 1 job there is so much round me end in staffordshire.

Absolutely no experience of driving anything bigger than a car. Article test Aug 08

How you finding the driving side of things? I wouldn’t be bothered about jumping in one and driving i’d just prefer someone sitting in with me for a couple of days lol. I can’t wait though oh happy days sleeping up a motorway all snug :smiley: lol beats the woods!

I ain’t started yet, end of the Month and it’s driving in Euroland. Can’t wait.

Cool I should have my first days work tomorrow in either an 18 tonner 7alf or van, I told the company I’m starting with I have my HAZMAT they said you will be the only driver able to carry more than 500kg of explosives lol so I imagine they will want me to gain experience fast and get straight on class 1 after a couple of months driving for em. I can’t wait neither driving is cushty.

Williams9881:
Cool I should have my first days work tomorrow in either an 18 tonner 7alf or van, I told the company I’m starting with I have my HAZMAT they said you will be the only driver able to carry more than 500kg of explosives lol so I imagine they will want me to gain experience fast and get straight on class 1 after a couple of months driving for em. I can’t wait neither driving is cushty.

WOW, sound good.
Is it full time work or when you are needed?

dinosteveus1:

Williams9881:

WOW, sound good.
Is it full time work or when you are needed?

Once my passport is through full time, but as for the UK routes its as and when they come in… When I eventually start europe routes you only have to do 20 days, you can do 20 days str8 and have 10 days of or work around it plus when in the vans ya keep at home so thats a bonus I won’t have to pay fuel even though the place is about 5 miles away.

Williams9881:
Ayup peeps cheerz for the replies, the company I’ve got a job with doing european work is called gba. There putting me on vans & 7 n halfs to start then said when I feel ready to move up a class they will do it obviously with it being european unless in a van you get a mate to swap over so that would be alright for me to get more confident… As for the tacograph test I rang em back minutes after starting this post to say can I go back down and redo the test I went down and got full marks I looked at a site explaining everything and memorized it lol. Just rang gba they are giving me national work until my passport arrives & trans manager said I’m next on his phone call list for a job :slight_smile:, can’t wait love driving work!

take your sleeping bag, and plenty Euro’s, I used to work for GBA, I had no experience class two at the time and what a laugh, i had never seen a splitter, and I was sent to spain first trip, recently just passed my class 1 and first artic job was three day tramping from North East via, leicester, Southampton,wales Scotland on a 57plate Daf XF, best dive in head first, worked for me…lol

GBA, well good luck, you will need it,as for having an adr,they don’t pay anymore, there was a few drivers there when i was who kept sh-tum about their adr (hazmat) lol, treat the job as a means to an end, they don’t do loyalty there, plenty of lies no loyalty,
but as as far as gaining experience goes why not. if you ain’t heard of term the “it’s a Mushroom job” yet you will, (mushroom job= drivers kept in the dark &and fed loads of sh^t)
don’t do too much, as they will expect it from you all the time as they will always take advantage of some one’s kindness, hence do ya job but not more than that, as for sprinter work, i found it ok apart from being double manned in one,same goes for the 7.5tonners too as not enough space for your kit and 2 bods
i would always take clothes ,washing kit inc towels,pillows duvet sleeping bag , food tinned (camion stew) gas stove/grill 15lts water container gas kettle and all the other important things(teaspoon as p&o no longer have real teaspoons ,drivers nicked em) needed to make a brew, and a frigo for a few cold ones once parked up at end of shift nearly forgot, if they get stuck for a driver to go over the water they will send you as you have a photocard license which are excepted at dover and Calais, make sure that they give you all that is needed for the adr job including the warning plate that should be on the vehicle, if you ain’t got all the required stuff, most places won’t let you take the load not that they do a lot of adr work

Williams9881:
First of I’d like to say hello to everyone I’ve been viewing the site since friday and my accounts finally been accepted :laughing: !

Anyway I’m ex army, I’ve got a permanent job to start in 7.5 tonners then work my way to class 1 with experience doing european work I’m just waiting on my passport coming through. I’m only 21

welcome to the forum, class1 euro work will come eventually after all you need to learn to walk before you can run :laughing: :laughing:

just out of interest how can you have been in the army without a passport? surely thats a pretty important document to get around with?