Help!!!

Hi guy/ ladies, and any companies,first of all I’m new to this forum :slight_smile: and over time I hope I will be able to help you fello truckers out ;D but at the moment I could do with some help my self :frowning: I been driving class 2 now for 6 years n passed my class 1 two years ago now and I can’t seem to find work or should I say companies won’t take me on as I have no exspirance, I’m sure you have heard this many of times I know, I tryed looking a temp work but when signing upto them they say stay where you are as it’s full time which they can’t give me, it seems that I payed out £1200 for a lience that I can’t get work with :frowning: I even offerd my self to companies for nothing just to again some experanice and I still get doors slammed in my face, if any body can help me from moving from class 2 to class1 I be grateful, I live in Hertfordshire…regards Ian

When companies say 2 years exp, 90% of the time they mean how long you’ve had your license so you actually do have those two years. :slight_smile:

Sorry to sound thick :wink: so your saying even tho I had my class 1 now for two year but no exp that companies would consider me? if I apply for a job? I thought when they say two exp that was in driving one cos of insurance?? Cos when I been to agency’s they even fob me off saying well we get you class 2 work and see we’re we go from there, I turn that down as I do that every day now in a secure job. But I want to drive artic’s now but when I say no exp in driving them since passing test they not interested, keep sending cv out but no joy grrrrr :frowning: like I said I even offer my self for free as my full time job I’m not restricted by the driving hours as I work for the local government and I finish at 2 every day… I wonder what I’m doing wrong then■■?

homedeliverydriver:
Sorry to sound thick :wink: so your saying even tho I had my class 1 now for two year but no exp that companies would consider me? if I apply for a job? I thought when they say two exp that was in driving one cos of insurance?? Cos when I been to agency’s they even fob me off saying well we get you class 2 work and see we’re we go from there, I turn that down as I do that every day now in a secure job. But I want to drive artic’s now but when I say no exp in driving them since passing test they not interested, keep sending cv out but no joy grrrrr :frowning: like I said I even offer my self for free as my full time job I’m not restricted by the driving hours as I work for the local government and I finish at 2 every day… I wonder what I’m doing wrong then■■?

What do you do for the council on class two that means your hours are not restricted ?

i think he means that he has hours available, or perhaps he drives a road sweeper and therefore has no tacho

Agency,took me on after posting cv on line (Ocean city recruitments) got in touch with me,hope this helps

Ye I drive a sweeper n freight lorrys and cos they government vehicles we are not restricted to work hours :smiley:

homedeliverydriver:
Sorry to sound thick :wink: so your saying even tho I had my class 1 now for two year but no exp that companies would consider me? if I apply for a job?

Exactly.

homedeliverydriver:
Ye I drive a sweeper n freight lorrys and cos they government vehicles we are not restricted to work hours :smiley:

Do you mean council vehicles?