new driver

hi all
i have just left the army after 17 years and i have had my class 1 since 2002 the problem is iv never drove class 1 since i have got full cpc and adr 123 in tanks what do you sugest i do for experiance and what sort of driving job is good to start with?

many thanks in advance.

Hiya pal ,
Have just left the mob myself with class 1 and ADR under my belt and hadn’t drove one either since passing (infantry for my sins) , and as it happens have just got back from a driving assessment for a decent size company .
I was just totally honest with them from the start and they gave me a go , yes it was daunting , yes my bum was twitching a lot but I pulled it off and said company are going to put me with a experienced bloke for a week to learn the ropes.
Just find somewhere that’s desperate for drivers and persuade them to give you a try out , it’s worked for me ?!
All the very best of luck fella .

cheers mate im ex inf aswell lol ill give it a go

Don’t tell them just jump in the deep end, because i have just passed and many won’t touch me but the agency has said no problem.only signed up today so we will see.

Also a lot of driver training places do a few hours refresher course for just over a couple of hundred quid , might be worth using you learning creds for it you’ve got any left ?

allseyboy:
i have just left the army after 17 years… i have got full cpc

Assuming you mean driver cpc then its good that the armed forces are getting their act together on that issue because a couple of years ago they were doing very little about it which left some forces drivers unable to start commercially driving in civvy street until they got it sorted