advice

hi all
well here goes i have just left the army after 17 years and looking at doing class 1 work BUT i passed my class 1 in 2002 and i have never really drove since then so im not to cofident when it comes to applying for jobs.has anyone got any good advice?

thanks

What was your job in the Army ? Always a good start to see where you might fit in

infantry mate

Leaving the Army as well mate, I’m sort of in the same boat. Did 12 years and got all my categories back in 2008. Problem I had was everywhere I was applying for was looking for experience.
Best bet is to look @ agency work to get your foot in the door with a company and hopefully you will get experience out of it, most agency work is multidrop work anyways so you will. The other option you’ve got is to find a smaller company like a family run business and see if you can get a job with them to get XP then move on to bigger fish.

Good Luck Mucka!!!

If in doubt go to a local training provider & do a few hrs driving to get back into it

Go see company’s knock on door ask also register with agencies

I passed my class three :open_mouth: at the age of 21 (27 years ago) in the military and I had not used it for over 25 years.
My boss knew had a dormant HGV licence and offered to pay for my medical and cpc courses and pay overtime when on the courses :sunglasses: (have until next September to cram them in) now been promoted in my current job to driving a class 2 (granddad rights).
I have been driving for only two weeks and love it, so if I can do it I am sure you will have no problems :sunglasses: