Don't be DAF't, MAN i'm in love for the first time!

Must have trodden in something because i’ve been given a 08 MAN this week, and i have to report how great it is! There’s so much room in the cab (a double bunk) the top bunk is wider than that in a Volvo and Scania, the one thing i always like about the XF’s was the bunk!
There seems to be excellent allround vision from the mirrors, and the drive is very quiet and smooth and seems even better than that of a FH, brakes are very predictable and powerfull.
Not sure what the engine is but it has plenty of torque nd there is no need to rev it to hard to reach cruising speeds.

Auto box, i’ve experienced the same problem on auto’s from Volvo and DAF, is when you’re in traffic or even reversing on a slope, and that’s the lag and surge of the engine when trying to ease along slowly in traffic or reversing.

IMO i can’t think of a truck to match it, even the ergonomics (the layout in the cab, for the uninitiated) is excellent with everything just where you would what it ,and more importantly, expect it to be, and the seat warrants a special mention, double hinging with plenty of support for your shoulders, arm rests, and all the usual adjustments.
Outside storage is well up their with the rest, and has better size doors than the DAF.

A gripe, the fuel tank (about 400 litres i think) could do with being larger, especially if you’re doing euro work.
And even more especially if you’re a european coming over here :exclamation:

If you dont know what horse power the truck is, look at the last 3 numbers on the door, that is your bhp. EG 18.430 would be a 4x2 unit with 430 bhp. And yes they are a great truck, loads of room, the finish could be a bit better, and the height of the windscreen is ridiculous, apart from that, very good.

Photos of the interior please, I would like to see if the interior are any better than the 54 Reg for example. Because the interior on the earlier ones was pants city.

In the MAN TGA XXL I always feel like I’m back to being 10 years old and sitting in my dads truck due to the size of the windscreen/instrument cluster/ steering wheel. Other than that, theres’ as much room as in the 1st magnums, without it having to be a rolly old renault.

Is it one of the new TGX’s or the older TGA model :question: :slight_smile:

I have had most models of MAN from 321 to TGA and have liked them all. I cant fault my TGA for living space, I quite like the big windsceen but always use the electric blinds anyway.

I would like a little more storage space in the dash around me really but that is probably because of our satelite and computer communication setup.

I dont have any badges on my door, but think they are 410’s but we only run at 40 tonnes anyway and they pull well

Big Bear:
Is it one of the new TGX’s or the older TGA model :question: :slight_smile:

Don’t know what it is :unamused: as there’s no umbers on the doors :exclamation: but it’s an 08, not sure when the new model kicked in, and can’t find any paperwork in cab :confused:

Well it’s a pity you will not be sleeping in the bunk during the NIGHT then…

Dafman:
Well it’s a pity you will not be sleeping in the bunk during the NIGHT then…

Doesn’t really matter as i’m getting daily rest during the day :exclamation: been at first stopp 2 1/2 hr’s already and thay havn’t even started yet, never guess what i’ve been doing during that time :slight_smile: no sleeping, left her at home :cry:

The new MAN TGX’s are brilliant. I watched a report on a german motoring prog on them and apparently Audi did the interior trim - and it really shows I think.

There’s a pretty good vid here too:

If I were to go off agency and get a vehicle as ‘mine’ I would love a TGX!

Alex

That interior does look much better, but, first thoughts are still has not got enough air vents and still has the silly ones next to / on the door. :unamused:
And still has the fridge box sticking out form under the bunk so that’s its awkward to sit on the bed. :unamused: Just going by what I can see in photo.

Scarab:
The new MAN TGX’s are brilliant. I watched a report on a german motoring prog on them and apparently Audi did the interior trim - and it really shows I think.

There’s a pretty good vid here too:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1bya5rUmchc

If I were to go off agency and get a vehicle as ‘mine’ I would love a TGX!

Alex

Yep, that’s the kiddy, only my steering wheels on the other side , makes it difficult to read the gauges :wink: