Done medical now wot?

hi guys iv just passed medical, but now not sure wot to got for either pcv or lgv, i cant do both just yet & wots the point, so, anyone got any preferences & why? :open_mouth:

Personally, LGV. I don’t think I’d want to put up with the whinging passengers.

What is likly to give you more work in you’re area. That is the one to go for.

1 tip though, tick both pcv and lgv on your licence application. That will save you forking out for another medical later on if you decide to do the one you didn’t go for.

ty very much nice tip much obliged :smiley:

i think wot i really need to know tho is which is easier to get work with after passing? i have heard hgv employers want experience is this tru also of pcv, & which generally pays better?

from what i have read, bus companies are getting a hard time over their drivers so i would imagine that they will tighten up their recruitment process soon. HGV drivers always get picked on so our recruitment process is already due to other critieria rather than having a licence.

a few differences for you to think about.
do you like people? i dont so i could never be a bus driver
unloading. have it done or do it yourself. buses dont need unloading, trucks do
monotony. buses run set routes, set times etc. trucking covers everything from chasing yourslef all day to get deliveries done to the other end of the scale ie trunking. tues & wed saw me running 3 hours from coatbridge to carnforth and back. it doesnt get much easier than that

scanny77:
do you like people? i dont so i could never be a bus driver

Classic. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hi guys got my pcv theory thursday, anyone got any advice i looking at theory test cd & hazard perception dvd. anyone any clues on wot to concentrate on.

[unloading. have it done or do it yourself. buses dont need unloading, trucks do

Yeah but as opposed to buses the load doesn’t answer you back!

hi guyz passed theory 7 got job offer training starts next week :smiley:

good on ya…let us know how you get on

thanks training is for 10 days then work starts with same firm