PCV driver newly Class 2 qualified

Thought I’d say hello,

I’ve been been lurking for a while recently signed up, I passed my Class 2 on Monday with 2 minors being the only down point.

Sadly I passed my car licence after the 7.5t cut off.

I have my cpc for my PCV licence but it doesn’t cover any HGV so I’m doing my Mod 2 on the 7th August and I’ve booked my Class 1 for sept with my mod4 to be taken before or shortly after my class1 so it’s all updated the same time.

All of the above would be done sooner but work and holiday commitments means I have to wait a little while.

Been a PCV holder for the last 10yrs but have mainly been a duty manager for the last 8 (Blakey from on the buses if your old enough).

Anyway just wanted to say hello and introduce so I have at least one post count while going through the boards.

Well done on passing your class C pal. Best of luck with the C+E! :smiley:

well done on passing c once you have completed both parts of the cpc they automaticly send you youre new card but they dont need to retain youre license for this you only need youre license when you go for the tests so if youre class1 is a few days before youre practical cc dont let them retain youre license otherwise you wont be able to complete the test you will need to send it off with youre pass certificate to get it updated hopefully this makes sense

goodluck imlooking forward to doing my class1 next week as already have pcv and class2 and im only 21 :grimacing:

:smiley: :smiley:

Cheers fellas.

Looking forward to a change in career sooner rather than later.

We need more Blakey’s on the bus networks sorting out all those PCV drivers. :slight_smile: I travel on a lot of buses. Shocking standards. I’m sure they must be running some competition on Busnet who can hit the most curbs and throw passengers all over the place with their harsh braking. Whoever wins gets to become an old lecherous b****** with young women throwing themselves at him. Was it that bad you wanted to move to LGV? Maybe passengers like me pushed you over the edge? :smiley:

Not surprised at anyone changing from buses to HGV. After I saw this thread I searched for bus and coach jobs and I am amazed anyone even bothers to go and get a PSV now. They put up with more crap than ever, wear high viz all the time, the pay rate is rock bottom and insulting and then you have to have a CRB check etc. and half the time the work is seasonal and you could be laid off at any time. Better off picking strawberries for farmers…

alder:
Not surprised at anyone changing from buses to HGV. After I saw this thread I searched for bus and coach jobs and I am amazed anyone even bothers to go and get a PSV now. They put up with more crap than ever, wear high viz all the time, the pay rate is rock bottom and insulting and then you have to have a CRB check etc. and half the time the work is seasonal and you could be laid off at any time. Better off picking strawberries for farmers…

hi i cant comment on bus work for companies like first etc but i understand why people like me who have been and got there pcv/psv to drive for smaller coach companies as there are some really good companies about to work for with good benefits from tours etc im currently a minibus driver mainly taking kids with disabilities to and from school but also do a bit of private hire which can be a good bit of fun however i do agree the downfall is the wages but someone has gotta do it im currently in process of doing my class1 started my training today and got my test wednesday the reason for the change in career is mainly money related but also a childhood dream to pass my class1 and most my family are lorry drivers however i would be willing to go bus driving as i have my full coach license