DOH ! Failed for a 2nd time

Hello all
Just thought i would post to let u all know ive just failed my c+e for the 2nd time
Ive had 16hrs training and had 2 tests . I think iam failing due to nerves they r shot when it comes to test time . i had 3 serious on my first, not using left mirrior on reverse being one of them .
And i had 4 serious on this test ,god i feel terrible!!!, 1 serious was i didnt check i was in the box for the reverse dooohhhhhhh!!!.
So its a bit of time off to save the 300 re test fee and get my head sorted…
I will let u guys know the out come ,

Nerves are the reason that most fail

Perhaps it is down to the pressure you are putting on yourself?

Not everyone can do this but try saying to yourself -
I have (or have not) the expertise and capability of doing this
And then ENJOY it

My philosophy is that you can either do it or you cannot which means I have never had any driving test nerves - but I am weird :laughing:

Sorry to here you failed C+E, as regards to your nerves try taking some calming medications few day’s or night before your test like Kalms or something.

I never knew you could get failed on not getting out of lorry to check how far back you are to barrier? i always thought it was optional to get out and see if you are close enough then if not move back more ect?

Anyway i wish you all the best for your retest and i hope it all goes well for you this time.

I suspect that the ‘not getting out to check on the reverse’ was actually not stopping at the apropriate place in the box - stopping too far forward - and that could have been rectified if he had got out to check

Not good mate, really feel for you. As above i have heard about people taking things like that to keep calm. I’m terrible aswell with tests, drive fine on lessons then come test time just a complete mess, you’ll get there though, your instrutor wouldn’t put you in if he/she didn’t think you were ready.

Keep on Truckin, dont give up, your story sounds similar to my own, i managed to pass C+E on third attempt, and had two serious on my first and a bunch of minors, and four serious on my second obviously with a load more minors, got to say that on the second test nerves were definately a problem, as you know the anti rises with extra 300 quid that you need for the retest, but what you are also getting by going for a third or god forbid a fourth time is more driving time in the truck, which ultimately gives you more confidence as your driving improves, as they say, practice makes perfect, and you will get there, just dont give up !!

ROG:
I suspect that the ‘not getting out to check on the reverse’ was actually not stopping at the apropriate place in the box - stopping too far forward - and that could have been rectified if he had got out to check

Ah yeah, i re-read it and understand his point he meant, cheers ROG. i was thinking box as in garage box and not that yellow box near the barrier :laughing:

And yeah always get out and check as im sure you will now do, on my tests i deliberately stopped slightly short of my “mark” just to be extra safe i did not touch the barrier, then get out, asses how much more you need to go back ect.

Keep at it and your hard work will pay off and one day you will hear those magic words im sure, like i said try taking those Kalms tablets or there are other brands out there too, goodluck :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear that you failed again mate …failed mine on tues :frowning: nerves well im just the same as you if i get an examiner who is pleasant when he walks out of the office then I settle down but if they look stern thats it im in bits from the start …dont get me wronge on tuesday he was right to fail me i made 2 stuppid mistakes (bus lane ) and roundabout (wrong lane once on it ) both serious ticks if i hadent have done that i would have passed with about 8 minors . :slight_smile: You will get there next time i got a minor on my reverse for taking a shunt was told you dont get a minor so if you think you nead to take a shunt or even 2 to be on the safe side … :angry: Or belive me alex it would have been 7 minors as I could have bent it in to the box if i had tried . :laughing: but hey im getting better as 1st C test i had 2 serious and 15 minors 5 being Mirrors + Blindspot … this time only 1 minor on mirrors and None for not checking blind spot . .
The thing that got me through 2 nd C test was I said to examiner from start If you hear me talking to my self dont worry as im just giving my self a few reminders . Then every time i was given instructions by him i said checking mirrors / every time i set of from a standing start i said scaning mirrors / blind spot / and it worked . i didnt do that this time and failed bet i do it next CE test .
The very best of luck Alex with the next test .
hey Im nervouis now and i have’nt even got my re-test date yet …

You will get there like i said mate. To be honest i was a bag of nerves before my test and during first part, but after the reverse which i got right withought shunt it then settled me down and my nerves went and i knew i could do it. On the road drive then went brilliant.

I came back to the test centre for the couple/uncouple and felt nervous again, thinking i sort of thought i had it in the bag ect and it was only couple/uncouple to do now. (instructor told me if you get back to test centre after drive and he asks you to park up to do uncouple/couple then basically means you have passed if you dont mess it up) Well i let my nerves get to me then too, and that was the easy bit of the test as we know, i only nearly forgot to put the dog clip on!!! the examiner said to me just as i was going to connect air lines, he said “um…are you forgetting anything?” i was immediately like “oh ■■■■!!” and proceded to put the clip on. :blush: But i knew he could of failed me for that (i thought i had failed after that point), he did not even have to say anything, but he was human and seen i gave him a great drive ect so let it slide when he gave me the hint and i immediately knew i had forgot, i even had the (KCALB) process firmly in my mind. (but nerves gave me a temp mental block!)

It just goes to show nerves can make you make mistakes ect, try to control them as best as you can and i hope you get there in the end.

You’ll get there mate It took me 4 times to pass my C+E :blush:

Do not under any circumstances give up !
You’ll pass one fine day.
Good luck. :wink:

Thanks for all the comments folks!!!

I will definatly never give up till i get that licence . Funny thing is i passed my C first time and didnt feel any nerves maybee cause it was just the halfway stage to the big 1 maybe.
Yamol i feel for u at Atherton with those bus lanes they r a bugger its a tight route i took my class C there .
I took my C+E at kirkam thats a bit tight too but no bus lanes but 2 mega tight hairpin bends which ironicly i went through no trouble on my tests.
just finishing off geting the other 300 quid ready for the next 1 so itll be booked soon and i will keep u all posted many thanks to the old man and my beautiful girlfriend for their help and support through this i dunno what i would do with out em.

1St time posting here. Don’t give up on test. I passed c+e on 5th go . Same was a bag of nerves on my tests and i was using kalms from 3rd test.

Sent from my LG-P990 using Tapatalk

You will get there!! Just keep calm.

Just look on the tests and extra lessons as additional driving experience.

At least when you DO pass (hopefully next time!) you will have spent more hours driving the artic than most newly-passed C+E drivers, so that should stand you in good stead when you go for driving assessments, etc.

Good luck and get that retest booked

Many many thanks for all the comments . I will be re booking for a 3rd time on Monday… will let u know how I get on …

Just picked up on this thread. It took me 3 attempts to pass my class 1. I had a weeks intensive training then took the test on the Friday afternoon, which I failed.
On the reversing exercise I needed the two shunts on the first one. On the second test I needed 1 shunt and on the third one (the test I passed) I got it in one go.
Of course nerves do play a part. As time goes by and if you don’t pass then the next one becomes more pressurised as there is a lot of money at stake each time you have to re-sit it and do the extra training. On my first test I felt pretty calm and on the test I passed on I was very nervous. Sometimes you can rise to the occasion.
Keep the faith. You’ll get there.

Hi Alex

From your original post it sounds as if the reverse is a problem. Next time demand more practice on this bit.

You have already passed a LGV test. The C+E is actually easier as you are out for less time due the the coupling excercise.

ROG is correct, try to enjoy the experience. Look forward to being nervous and make the nerves make you concentrate more.

The test is not 1 hour. It is 120 little 30 second slots. Most of them will be very straight forward. The odd one will take a bit more effort.

Next time make a £20 bet with a disbelieving mate that you pass. The free beer will taste great.

Keep the faith mate

John
Flair Training

Next time make a £20 bet with a disbelieving mate that you pass. The free beer will taste great :smiley:

Interesting incentive John. Permission to use?

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the replys and kind words folks, unfortunatly i have 2 leave the C+E for a while and concentrate on getting a class 2 job to pay for the next round so to speak , The asda job is crap pay and with christmas coming up i need some more cash , So the plan is to get the cpc 4 outta the way and go on to the agencys and get some work with or without asda.
Iam absolutly gutted ive had to do this but as soon as i get he cash together the C+E will be top of my list.