2nd attempt at c+e, failed again

Well I got the reverse ok this time, 7 minors whilst out on test, but picked one serious up, for a roundabout, someone came flying round when I was entering. :frowning:

Thats very unlucky :frowning: you going to do it again?

Also I remember looking up training tips for my Cat C test and for roundabouts it was ā€œIf in doubt, donā€™t pull outā€ :wink:

Good luck for the next time you do it!

The issue with roundabouts is never going to go away on tests. Your damned if you do and damned if you donā€™t. Wait too long and itā€™s hesitation, get 3 of those and its a fail. Go and someone comes flying round, itā€™s a fail (like yours).

Itā€™s a shame that luck wasnt on your side, and that all the bl**dy ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  do decide to race on roundabout when some1 is on a test but u canā€™t do nothing about it. Proceed and u failā€¦ hesitate and it leads to a fail.

But it is true like what my instructor told me "follow your guts. If it seems right, then it probably is right and the opposite is true.

Now that u have tried twice, make the third time count! Donā€™t give up just yet, u have gone that far. Only a right mind set and a final attempt then all the smiles!

All the best next time buddy

How long and how much experience with rigid have you under your belt

Hi Rich,

Really disappointed for you pal. Its so frustrating when a split second judgement doesnā€™t go your way,just down to a bit of luck.

Keep at it mate. Ive had my first day on bendys today-im telling you its worth it!!

Donā€™t give up buddy,3rd time lucky.

Roundabouts are a pain in the backside. They were the bane of my truck training life. I failed my first C+E test for NOT pulling out and being too hesitant! I was sat at the roundabout for aboutā€¦ maybe 3 minutes before pulling out. Iā€™d created a massive line of people behind me. Complete nightmare. I found it unreasonable, ya know, failing for being too cautious?! Anyway, nothing I could do to change the decision, to had to take it and move on.

Stick with it buddy, I know itā€™s frustrating, and clearly you can drive the thing, you just got caught out, once itā€™s done itā€™s done and you donā€™t have to worry about it again.

I ended up passing my C+E the next test I had, with only 1 minor. It all fell into place, and since passing, Iā€™m constantly obstructing cars on roundabouts, but if I didnā€™t, Iā€™d never get anywhere (Trafford Park - complete nightmare)

Good luck for your next crack pal.

Oh dear

Seems that most the thread of C&E failures are about roundabouts coz the knobs in cars donā€™t know how to use them ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  things called indicatorsā€¦ Dammed if you wait to long, dammed if you pull out and slow someone downā€¦ no win situation :open_mouth:

Keep trying

This is the thing thoā€¦ do I keep going for it or do I think ā– ā– ā– ā–  it enough enough?

Keep trying, the only alternative is to give up, eventually it will all come together but who knows if that could be on 3rd or 10th test, I canā€™t say because Iā€™ve not seen your driving.

Melmerby are good at what they do from what Iā€™ve been told, the owner started off working for us many years ago in 1980ā€™s as an instructor. Its a shame you didnā€™t use us, both drivers on our artic last week had 2 day courses and passed on their first attempt, then got another on test tomorrow, hopefully he will sail it too. Our instructor Darren who is pretty much always on the artic, kinda his truck really is fantastic. As always practice, practice, practice the more time you get behind the wheel the better, but obviously it all costs money and it can feel like you a throwing away money at it.