Does anybody know ?

of any companies in northwest which will take on a 21 year old class one driver with 2 years experience ?

anyone who is wondering how that is possible ? i was in the army got out with class 1 then worked with a company using the young drivers scheme :wink: :slight_smile:

you are from eastern-europe?

NO merseyside why?

Fozzie - try looking across the pond at the irish companies, you live in the right place to be able to get on with one of those if you don’t mind the long hours, look around your home town area for irish trucks parked up at the weekend and if you don’t get to see the driver then note the trucking company details and give them a call.
you could also take a trip to the ferry port and note which companies are travelling backwards and forwards regularly.
if you go to an interview present yourself with an i can do anything attitude and i’ll be the best driver you have here within 3 months etc.

I know RB at Boroughbridge on the side of the A1 will take you but its the wrong side of the country unless you want to do tramping for them

Have a look here in the work offered section there may be something.

ownerdrivers.org.co/

fred Kanka:

:laughing: :laughing:
If you were from eastern europe you would have a job at the drop off your hat , no probs , maybe pretend you are east european until you get your feet under the table, ie adopt poor driving standards , dont speak the Queens English except when it suits you, refuse to drive anything older then a 04 plate and the jobs yours.

Any how good luck in your search fozzie .

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

fred Kanka:

If you were from eastern europe you would have a job at the drop off your hat , no probs , maybe pretend you are east european until you get your feet under the table, ie adopt poor driving standards , dont speak the Queens English except when it suits you, refuse to drive anything older then a 04 plate and the jobs yours.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you dont sound bitter and twisted … much

jessicas dad:

Suffolk ReeferBoy:

fred Kanka:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

you dont sound bitter and twisted … much

:laughing: :laughing: Oi !!! LEAVE IT JD, :laughing:

at least the poles wont nick ya nut covers :laughing:

Toooooooooooooooooooooo much like hard work for em to flog off again :laughing:

[quote="Suffolk ReeferBoy
:laughing: :laughing: Oi !!! LEAVE IT JD, :laughing:

at least the poles wont nick ya nut covers :laughing:

Toooooooooooooooooooooo much like hard work for em to flog off again :laughing:[/quote]

sssshhhhhhhhh im not even looking at that thread anymore to much flak coming my way ive had my head down and havent read it since sat.

If you are really interested in getting into the transport industry as a driver though god knows why long hours low pay persicuted every where you go the phrase is ( YOUR LATE ) even if your early then try eddie stobart at kingsland grange warrington i belive they are setting on days £7.20 nights £8.10 sundays £10.50 per hour tel ( 01925-852596 ) or hawleys lane depot (01925-428000 ) or the main personnel at haydock ( 01942-276006 )hope this is of some help to you the only one i know in the pool is CRS basicaly have truck will travel and travel and travel :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

qoute by fred kanka

quote by fozzie

NO merseyside why?

same thing ain’t it , you know shell suits and all (willi betz drivers) :wink:

serious good luck with the job search fozzie, check the local papers or even have a flick through the yellow pages,thompson local for haulage companys near by and knock on a few doors.

jon

im working at the moment but its pants class 1 tipper money is very poor and hours are ridiculous :frowning:

fozzie:
im working at the moment but its pants class 1 tipper money is very poor and hours are ridiculous :frowning:

i think you’ll find thats a similar place to where a good many of us started off driving artics fozzie!

fozzie:
of any companies in northwest which will take on a 21 year old class one driver with 2 years experience ?

Try CostalContainerServices in Seaforth docks, AM transport who where in Gt.Howard St but have moved over the water, Kammac based in Kirkby or Skem. Address i don’t have but you’ll get them from yellow pages i would think.

hi foz i would recommend ringing round out of the yellow pages or if they are in driving distance go round and see them on the off chance.