How does any one

get a start doing continental work.?

its like just passing ur test all over again… grrrrrrrrrrr.
no euro experience no job 4 u.

living where i do is a hindrence i know. but i,m willing to travel for the right one.
ive been on the lookout for a year now, i,m just so bored with u/k tramping, its the same old thing day in day out.boring.

ive done (and enjoyed) northern and southern ireland this year, so have exp with ferry,s getn on n off no probs, ive found my way about in a strange land, one or two wrong turns but thats the buzz of doing summik new i think.

got thru the tolls no probs (as if there a hurdle).

ok euro work is slightly different. i:e language. but i know people that cannot understand geordie so i would manage.

i can read a map stick my head out the window to ask if i,m stuck.
companies are scared to give inexperienced drivers that 1st chance (i think).

like any thing in life until you give some one a chance you will never know. i might not even like euro work but my life as a lorry driver will be left un-fulfilled until ive been on the continent.

you could try peter cooke in durham or european road freight(ribey) from hull

scaniaman:
you could try peter cooke in durham or european road freight(ribey) from hull

some one else said to try the hull firm … cheers scan… will look em up… thanx. :wink:

Trouble is there just isn’t many UK truck firms running into Europe now…the big bulk of them are removals trucks now… I can’t see why there should be a problem with you not having any experience in Europe, you have been around enough to know what you are doing, it’s just learning the rules for other countries, and as you say, you can ask when you need to know something.
I can’t recommend any firms up north as I am not that familiar with them, maybe Stobarts would be a good place to start
Any way good luck, and if you do find someone who will take you on, I hope you enjoy it

Dentresangle have a depot in the UK.

How about one of the Irish firms. Boyles for eg.
They do a lot of European.

you’ll get a job with european road freight provided you aren’t bothered about being home every weekend.
they run a very tight ship these days, since the ministry popped in to see them anyway.
theres another firm up your way, running white scanias with some sort of A logo on the trucks, spoke to a couple of the drivers but cannot for the life of me remember what the firms name is.
you could also contact brian yeardley, they are still running but mostly i see them with left hookers.
currie european of dumfries have drivers that are outbased too.

thanks lads …for the input so far, ive got the names u have mentioned and shall be either ringing or visiting them next week. once again cheers boys. :wink:

the company with the A logo is called Answer, think they come from Durham or Newcastle. Boyles from Ireland apparently come from Glasgow way,so i was told a while ago, apparently the guvnor likes to make out its an Irish firm :confused: :confused:

thanks kindle, for some reason i just couldn’t get the name arcade out of my head to try to think of the proper name of who i meant.
spot on though, as soon as i saw it i knew it was them. the answer was in front of me all the time

boyles is an irish firm its just that all the drivers are scottish and they park trailers in a yard in glasgow,but be warned if ya going there they work REAL hard!!!