Doctors On Wheels

I booked an HGV medical with my own doctor - £119. A friend mentioned mobile service, so I looked up on net and went for Doctors on Wheels. Dead easy to book an appointment, with a number of locations and slots throuhgout the day to choose from. Arrived at Hilltop Cafe Bury St Edmunds, had a 5 minute wait, then went in to the vehicle which was a small motor caravan. Piece of cake and great value at £51. :smiley:

I used them last time, and will use them again, if needed. Took about 10 minutes at Big Yellow Storage in Chelmsford.

Totally recommended. My own GP wanted £120 cash (no cheques!) for the honour of taking my pulse, checking my eyesight & completing a form. And yes, they do use peculiar places to set up shop - keeps the charges down.

Just as a side-note, recently took my wife for a private consultation over a wrist injury - spent less than 10 minutes with the consultant, at least half of that spent completing a form, just been presented with a bill for £220 - I think his hourly rate is just a bit higher than mine!

Hi all,
Please read this if your thinking of using 'Doctors on wheels".

I found Doctors on wheels through a search engine,although I was a little jubious the price got the better of me,51pounds as opposed to
the extortionate amount my own doctor wanted somewhere in the region of 170pounds,So I booked it on line,got my email to confirm then
a few days later a letter with the little sample bottle and further confimation.
On the day I arrived about 15 minutes early,had a look around and apart from the lorrys could only see a grotty campervan but thought oh
well.When my appointment time came i went over andknocked on the door but no answer,after about 10 minutes I began to think I’ve been
had over :angry: so I rang the number on the letter and was told he was running late and would be there soon.(The grotty campervan was not theirs).
He did turn up soon in a brand new campervan and done the business in a very matter of fact way,which was fine by me.After my initial
worries it all worked out fine :smiley: and I had a pint that night to celebrate the saving I had made.Hope they are still around in 5 years time for
my next medical!
Had mine at Nells cafe lorry park Gravesend btw…

rippo

Hiya …no problems for me. doctor on wheeles two hundred yards past the pops on the A50 towards knutsford
booked for 11am got there at 10 50(driver thing) went in at 11.05 come out 15 mins later £51 lighter (not a diet)
my GP was £120… 5 years ago… no no hojose…doctor on wheels for me…

can i say a very good friend of mine had his medical at 60 (15 years ago) at his doctors passed no problem 2 weeks
later he died of a hart attack so s…t can happen any time.sad loss…
John

Yeah these guys are good, they expected me to have filled ip my sample bottle before I got there! which was good for me because i’m a diabetic crack head, so I got my three month pregnant daughter to fill it up before I left!

Just wondering if any body has used there services,it seems they are offering medicals for £49 on week days and £57 on a weekend local GP is double this.
Any info please…thanks.

I used them a few months ago.
I met this ‘Doctor’ in a HGV Lorry Park near Bury St Edmunds, he was in a brand new MobileHome thingy, nice.
I went in, took my shoes off and sat down, the Foreign Doc took my papers and checked my licence and then we started with the Medical. Took about 10 minutes and he hardly spoke, just enough to get me to do whatever was needed.
Easy. I will use them again, my own GP wanted £105 I think it was :unamused:

dinosteveus1:
I used them a few months ago.
I met this ‘Doctor’ in a HGV Lorry Park near Bury St Edmunds, he was in a brand new MobileHome thingy, nice.
I went in, took my shoes off and sat down, the Foreign Doc took my papers and checked my licence and then we started with the Medical. Took about 10 minutes and he hardly spoke, just enough to get me to do whatever was needed.
Easy. I will use them again, my own GP wanted £105 I think it was :unamused:

Thanks for that, i thought it was a bit of a con. Spoke to a few other drivers since i posted this some have used them some are now going to use them.

I had a medical with these guys and had a very similar experience to dinosteveus1. Met in an industrial estate on the side of the road in a campervan/mobile home thingy. 20mins later he signed off my forms after doing the bare minimum and hardly spoke two words. Initially wondered if this guy even knew what a doctors degree looked like. However I got my provisionals back without question so guess there was no problem.

And for £49 it was definitely a good deal as I was quoted anything up to £125 in other places.

Dean

Same story here.

Got off a plane at 1am on the Friday morning after a fortnight holiday, then realised that I’d “forgotten” to do it all before I went away :unamused:

Couple of hours kip, then up and about and looking on t’internet.

11am - ■■■■ in a small coke bottle, get in car and drive to Stalbans and meet dodgy geezer in a car park :open_mouth:

All in all, very good. Certainly cheaper (including petrol costs) than the £125 my own G.P. wanted for doing it sometime near the end of November :unamused:

TBH, I think I’ll arrange it through them next time (with a little better planning :blush: ) as I’m sure I saw Jct 29 Truckstop on the list - that’s about 4 miles from home.

And what we need now is for them to start up “Drivers’ DPC courses on Wheels” in the same quick, easy, and cost effective manner :wink:

:blush: (Had to do it because licence ran out on the Tuesday, following the Friday) :blush: