Driversmedicals.com

Evening chaps, has anybody on here used these for a medical? I’m in the early stages of gaining my lgv license and they have an office local to me. £81 cheaper than my doctor!

:smiley:

We have been using them for a few years for our Medicals that are included in the course fees.

To date we have never had a problem so would definitely recommend them.

The price has recently increased to £58 in London and Home Counties.

Always use them, unless the customer has made other arrangements, and would recommend the service 100% :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

have had occasion(rarely) to use another such medical provider and found them to be poor with both planning of medicals and poor doctor attitude/ability :blush: :blush: :blush:

Don’t be put off by the fact you meet them in a campervan and they probably aren’t native to the UK.

I had mine with them. Met them in an industrial estate in Bristol.

Pee sample tested. Blood pressure checked. Eye sight checked. Filled out medical form and was away in 25 minutes.

I used doctors on wheels last time and that was in a campervan

ROG:

Oops. Maybe I’m confusing the 2 :frowning:

dar1976:

ROG:

Oops. Maybe I’m confusing the 2 :frowning:

yes you are - 2 different companies :wink:

Pete-Thornton:
Evening chaps, has anybody on here used these for a medical? I’m in the early stages of gaining my lgv license and they have an office local to me. £81 cheaper than my doctor!

:smiley:

Have you checked out the Cheap Medicals thread, there could be someone cheaper in your area.

Thanks for that. I think it’s a great idea. They have very little over heads and save us a lot of money. I presumed they rented a doctors surgery. I will be booking in for next week, then it’s theory test time!

So far my experience with Drivers Medicals has been top notch. Rang them late yesterday afternoon to get an appointment, spoke with a very pleasant chap who answered all of my questions completely, and got booked in for my medical tomorrow morning. Should end up being less than 45 hours from calling them up, to medical completed.

Since I’ve not actually had the medical yet, things may change, but so far I can recommend :slight_smile:

Well good luck with that, ill be booked in one day next week. Let me know how you go on.

Thanks Pete.

Just got back from my medical; passed with flying colours thankfully! :smiley: :smiley: The doctor was very friendly and professional, put me at ease and all went smoothly. The appointment was at the doctor’s home (actually in a separate room in an outbuilding), but he came out to meet me bang on the appointment time, all done and dusted in about 15-20 minutes from start to finish and away I went.

All in all, a very fast, efficient and painless service.

All I need to do now is send the forms off; I’ll report back if there are any problems :wink:

Cheers!

Six:
Thanks Pete.

Just got back from my medical; passed with flying colours thankfully! :smiley: :smiley: The doctor was very friendly and professional, put me at ease and all went smoothly. The appointment was at the doctor’s home (actually in a separate room in an outbuilding), but he came out to meet me bang on the appointment time, all done and dusted in about 15-20 minutes from start to finish and away I went.

All in all, a very fast, efficient and painless service.

All I need to do now is send the forms off; I’ll report back if there are any problems :wink:

Cheers!

Check the form has been completed correctly before sending it in, there have been a few posts on these forums from people who have had problems because the medical form wasn’t completed correctly.

Thanks for that tachograph; I did take a look over it before I drove off (didn’t fancy driving another 70 mile round trip just for a minor correction) and again when I got back. As far as I can tell from a layman’s perspective, everything looks to be filled out correctly… although it’s hard to know how picky the DVLA are going to be with things like not using block capitals in some of the fields, and tick marks that continue on well outside of the boxes, etc.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see on those ones :wink: Details wise it seems to be spot on though.

Thanks again for the advice!

Six:
Thanks for that tachograph; I did take a look over it when I got back, and as far as I can tell everything looks to be filled out correctly, although it’s hard to know how picky the DVLA are going to be with things like not using block capitals in some of the fields, and tick marks that continue on well outside of the boxes, etc.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and see on those ones :wink: Details wise it seems to be spot on though.

Thanks again for the advice!

I don’t think you’ll have any problems with those sort of things, it’s when questions go unanswered correctly that seems to occasionally cause problems.

If you checked and couldn’t see anything wrong with the form, the DVLA probably won’t either :smiley:

I used Doctors on wheels, a good service, and they tried hard to get a weekend slot so i did not miss work,did it in Newport, Wales, think it is joined up with and other services they offer.
Not sure how they know it is your own urine sample you bring, it could be anyones.

toby1234abc:
I used Doctors on wheels, a good service, and they tried hard to get a weekend slot so i did not miss work,did it in Newport, Wales, think it is joined up with and other services they offer.
Not sure how they know it is your own urine sample you bring, it could be anyones.

I’m willing to bet the speculative company was similar to an outdoor garment.

The websites look almost identical bar the colour.

toby1234abc:

Nothing speculative about it - Doctors on wheels is a part of J Coates training, even run from the same offices in Leicester

chevmac:

toby1234abc:

Nothing speculative about it - Doctors on wheels is a part of J Coates training, even run from the same offices in Leicester

J Coates (HGV Services) Ltd
Address: 46-50 Great Central St, Leicester LE1 4NF

Doctors on Wheels Ltd,
46-50 Great Central Street, Leicester LE1 4NF

To be honest I can’t for the life of me understand why that speculation was removed :confused:

Even if toby had got it wrong, do you really think any company is going to sue the forum owners for suggesting that a firm that appears to have a good reputation is associated with them.

Come on Mods learn where to draw the line :stuck_out_tongue: :confused: