Do I need to do CPC mod 4

Evening ladies and gents.

Quick question do I need to do the driver cpc mod 4?

I passed my class 1 28-7-15 and currently drive 30t recovery vehicle in the army so we don’t need to do any further test to work professionally but as I am getting out and looking to book my cpc soon I was wondering do I need to do another theory test and practical test again to drive on civi street. I’m thinking I do but I am only having doubts as I have seen rumours of loop holes for ex armed forces.

Thanks

You sure do and module two as well… unless you passed your driving test (car) before 1997. Or your class 2 before sept 2009. Otherwise it will be module 2+4 for you. Even if you continue recovery outside of the army you still need it as I personally am a wrecker driver. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

That’s good to know so when I look for the courses I no what I am looking for. Would love to carry on outside the army but it’s hard to get into the big boy recovery. Winching in cars doesn’t cut the mustard for me it needs to be big so the light vehicle recovery I don’t think I could do TBH.

Thanks for your help

I end up fixing your lots trucks all the ■■■■ time! Those ■■■■ osh kosh trucks love to break down/blow up/not work usually full laden. The wreckers we have almost do a ■■■■ wheelie lifting those beggars! There is wrecker jobs out there but tbh a lot of the time im a technician on the roadside and do the accident recovery/breakdowns when it can’t be fixed or it’s a old bill job. Civi wrecker work is a bit more delicate especially when your picking up some owner drivers unit and he won’t even let you in the ■■■■ cab… it happens…

The Army should be able to offer you the mods 2 and 4 training/test as part of a resettlement so its worth enquiring

Arborist:
unless you passed your driving test (car) before 1997. Or your class 2 before sept 2009. Otherwise it will be module 2+4 for you.

The Mod 2 & 4 route is still available to pre-97 B and pre-09 C’s too. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a pre 97 pass & I opted for Modules 2 & 4 as it was way cheaper,quicker & easier than the 35 hour route (yes I know you can’t “fail” the 35 hours but come on it’s a piece of p!ss to do 2 & 4 :smiling_imp: )

Morph:
I’m a pre 97 pass & I opted for Modules 2 & 4 as it was way cheaper,quicker & easier than the 35 hour route (yes I know you can’t “fail” the 35 hours but come on it’s a piece of p!ss to do 2 & 4 :smiling_imp: )

Don’t blame you mate as it is a little cheap, and quicker…
However those that are pre 1997 do have other options where they can get additional qualifications that count toward CPC hours.
I’ll say this (again) as I’m aware that the Newbies here change month to month, so might not know that HIAB and ADR courses can count as CPC hours.

ADR for example can give you up to 28 hours: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=128053