Initial driver cpc

Hello!I will have my driving course(cat C) next week and then i know i need to do the initial cpc training.
Does anyone know how can i study for module 2 and 4 as i couldnt find any thing like books or cdroms etc.
Is this similar to the theory test?
Many Thanks!!!

The links to both mods 2 and 4 are in the link below in my signature

raidd:
Hello!I will have my driving course(cat C) next week and then i know i need to do the initial cpc training.
Does anyone know how can i study for module 2 and 4 as i couldnt find any thing like books or cdroms etc.
Is this similar to the theory test?
Many Thanks!!!

Can’t your training provider advise you on this?

Paul

Thanks for the links!!!
Yes i will ask the trainer next week as well

I have had my class 1 licence since late end of 2009 i came under an exemption bracket for driving and have been driving on and off, by no means am I a trucker.
I done my theory test in 2009 and not looked at the book since or thought about it.

Few weeks ago I decided it was about time I done my cpc.
So booked in for the mod 2.

I was quite worried about the test as I couldn’t find anything about it or revision to help.

I passed test think I got 44 or 45 out 50 with no revision.
I found it a high percentage of common sense questions and very little to do with driving.

I got same question 4 times.
How many hours training must you undertake every 5 years for cpc lol

There is a picture of cement mixer. Point out we’re the cement comes out.
Kirb weight and gross weight questions to work out how much load can carry.
Tacho and driver hour questions.
Some more really easy random questions.

I wouldn’t worry about it if you are doing it straight after your theory test it’s quite straight forward.

I have still got to do my mod 4.
There no revision for that either.
I was chatting to a local provider in my area and he says one person out the last 30 has failed the mod 4.

Cement mixer:)hehe
i will have a look on the theory questions again and should be ok:)
thanks!!!

Passedy cpc last Nov went on you tube, there’s loads of information on mod 4 really helped me.
Good luck

Raidd

Who is you Trainer, mine gave me books paper work and access to various videos, ask them.

Also take a look at this i found on youtube, quite helpful :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nick :smiley:

Nick, I fixed that link for you. dd. :wink:

Hmmm

How do you post a link as that obviously didnt work!

:exclamation:

Its probably the same as one of the links that are already in the lgv training tips thread …

Oldboy NDF:
Raidd

Who is you Trainer, mine gave me books paper work and access to various videos, ask them.

Also take a look at this i found on youtube, quite helpful :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

http://youtu.be/wK--gVI-WHI

Nick :smiley:

I think you just had a middplaced “]” after url

TheMissus:
I think you just had a middplaced “]” after url

Correct. :smiley:

Once I’d sorted the link, I then took out the “url” tags and added image tags instead. :smiley:

Now we can see Sean.

:laughing: I didn’t even look at the link! That’s where I’m starting training very soon!

TheMissus:
:lol: I didn’t even look at the link! That’s where I’m starting training very soon!

When you go there, please give Sean my regards. :smiley:

Will do DieselDave :smiley: I’m seeing him a week on Monday.

I was advised by a trainer that mod 2 (the “theory” side of CPC) is common sense. Just read the question, you get loads of time to read each question at least 2 or 3 times over. Worked for me anyway.

Wow. I have just watched the video and amazed to discover that module 4 of the initial CPC is basically all included in the first part of the French driving test.

Nice one on the fix diesel dave

:laughing: :laughing:

Oldboy NDF:
Nice one on the fix diesel dave

:laughing: :laughing:

Glad to be of help. :smiley:

Hi all, sorry about the stupidity of my following post, probably been answered many times before, but just trying to get my head around this Initial CPC.

I took my LGV Cat C in 2010 through the Fire Service, so have been exempt from the CPC and Tacho stuff. I’m looking at doing some commercial driving so i’ve been told about the CPC. Are modules 1 and 3 completed when you get your licence? Because it’s been nearly 4 years since I passed my Cat C test, will I need to do all 4 modules?

Reading this thread it seems i’ll only need to do modules 2 and 4, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance, Martin