Initial driver cpc

Martin86:
Hi all, sorry about the stupidity of my following post, probably been answered many times before, but just trying to get my head around this Initial CPC.

I took my LGV Cat C in 2010 through the Fire Service, so have been exempt from the CPC and Tacho stuff. I’m looking at doing some commercial driving so i’ve been told about the CPC. Are modules 1 and 3 completed when you get your licence? Because it’s been nearly 4 years since I passed my Cat C test, will I need to do all 4 modules?

Reading this thread it seems i’ll only need to do modules 2 and 4, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Basically 1 is the theory tests you did for cat C, and 3 was your cat C practical. You now need to do mod 2, the CPC theory/case studies test booked online. Once you have passed that you can book in mod 4 - the practical bit.

You have 1 and 3, and no you don’t need to re-do them.

Martin86:
Hi all, sorry about the stupidity of my following post, probably been answered many times before, but just trying to get my head around this Initial CPC.

I took my LGV Cat C in 2010 through the Fire Service, so have been exempt from the CPC and Tacho stuff. I’m looking at doing some commercial driving so i’ve been told about the CPC. Are modules 1 and 3 completed when you get your licence? Because it’s been nearly 4 years since I passed my Cat C test, will I need to do all 4 modules?

Reading this thread it seems i’ll only need to do modules 2 and 4, but just wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance, Martin

Driver cpc bit answered in last post but I have a question …
Did you pass C in auto or manual?

Thanks for the replies guys.

I’m looking at booking the Module 2 test in the next month or so and some training for module 4.

I passed my Cat C in a manual truck, but since then i’ve driven nothing but the fire engines which are all automatic, so i’ll definately book maybe a days training just with an instructor to get used to using the gears again.

Martin86:
I passed my Cat C in a manual truck, but since then i’ve driven nothing but the fire engines which are all automatic, so i’ll definately book maybe a days training just with an instructor to get used to using the gears again.

No need to do that - under the new rules coming in soon those with a manual B licence will be able to pass auto C and get manual C

Cheers ROG, didn’t realise that was happening.

In our Brigade anyway, we do all our training in manuals just encase the brigade ever decide to buy manual trucks instead of automatics, there is no re training issue that way.

Just bought all the CPC books from WHSmiths (robbing gits!) and got module 2 booked for next month.

Really appreciate the help, I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Cheers

Martin

Martin86:
Really appreciate the help, I hope to be able to contribute in the future.

Martin,

No question is too daft to ask in the Newbies’ Forum. :smiley:

There are some questions that should never be asked in the main forum though, cos the guys in there can be a bit brutal if they haven’t been fed for a while. :open_mouth:

:grimacing:

Hello!Passed my class2 practical today:)
I already have cpc module 2 now i need module4
Is 195 pound price correct for this?(its included vehicle rent+1,5 hour training before the test)
Thanks!!!

raidd:
Hello!Passed my class2 practical today:)
I already have cpc module 2 now i need module4
Is 195 pound price correct for this?(its included vehicle rent+1,5 hour training before the test)
Thanks!!!

Sounds about right - seen others between 250 and 300

drivingtheory4all.co.uk/ (costs money but covers mod 2

youtube.com/watch?v=wK–gVI-WHI (Covers the walk around)