Quick bit of advice needed please!

Hi all,

I’m new to the forum. I leave the military in just over a month, I already have my C+E license through the MOD which I got in 2013 and a bit of experience driving various military trucks. However, I have no CPC.

Firstly, do I just need to do modules 2 and 4 of CPC? Or will I have to do both of the modules and a further 35 hours training?

Secondly, I’ve tried and tried booking the module 2 case study test online via the gov website but I’m having no joy at all. It only has options for car and motorcycle theory. Does anyone know how I go about booking it and roughly how long the waiting time is? As I’m very keen to get these tests passed and get on the road.

Thanks everyone!

Terry.

If you currently have a full Cat C1 entitlement showing on your licence you can choose either route, 35hrs or Mod2&4

If not you can only do the 2 modules. I’m guessing you passed your car test before 1997 and do have C1 on the licence.

Apologies, I should have stated this in the first post… Unfortunately due to only being 5 years old in 1997 that was not an option. :stuck_out_tongue: I achieved all licenses at the same time at the school of transport in Leconsfield.

So presumably it’s the mod 2 and 4 route?

Terry.

That’s correct. What you now have to do is speak on the phone to Pearson who run the Mod 2 tests, 03002001122 because they will need to update your licence details with the DVLA to allow you to take the mod 2. This is due to you initially getting the licence through the MOD system.

It will take about 10 days from when you call them.

Ahh right, that makes more sense. Thanks for the quick response.
I’ll ring them first thing tomorrow, that’ll give me 10 days to revise for my mod 2 and 4. Once my license details have been changed, will the wait from booking the mod 2 to taking it be long?

Thanks LGVTrainer!

PeterDaniel:
Ahh right, that makes more sense. Thanks for the quick response.
I’ll ring them first thing tomorrow, that’ll give me 10 days to revise for my mod 2 and 4. Once my license details have been changed, will the wait from booking the mod 2 to taking it be long?

Thanks LGVTrainer!

Pearson will check your entitlement to do LGV mod 2. This will take up to 10 working days. They then send a code number which proves your entitlement to sit the LGV mod 2 test. You will need this code to book the test. Depending on which local test centre you choose, it can take 4 weeks or more for the next available test slot to become available. So don’t expect to sit your LGV mod 2 test for at least 6 weeks!

The 0300 200 1122 number is only manned Monday to Friday 08:00 to 16:00 hours. It’s often busy/engaged, so probably best to phone first thing at 08:00