Cpc explanations

Hi all

I’ve had a look on here already for a thread explaining what im about to ask but have’nt been able to find answers.

I recently passed my class 2 and have now booked my cpc theory test. After completing this test do i have to book a “module 4” ( whatever that is :confused: )

Does this have to be completed prior to me signing up for work etc.

Just a little information regarding the steps to take in terms of the cpc after passing a test please guys would be most helpful.

Many thanks :grimacing:

it all depends on when you passed your car test matey have a look on your licence and see if it has C1 on it if so you dont need to do it straight away

bigfoot:
Hi all

I’ve had a look on here already for a thread explaining what im about to ask but have’nt been able to find answers.

I recently passed my class 2 and have now booked my cpc theory test. After completing this test do i have to book a “module 4” ( whatever that is :confused: )

Does this have to be completed prior to me signing up for work etc.

Just a little information regarding the steps to take in terms of the cpc after passing a test please guys would be most helpful.

Many thanks :grimacing:

Well he’ll have c1 on his license now lol. If you passed before 97 you should have implied rights, in which case you dont need to do mod 2 and 4. But if you passed after you will do, so yes your right you need to pass the theory test then do the practical, its load of ■■■■■ really. The daily check bit is useful i spose but you should of been doing this as part of your driving lessons anyway. After you’ve passed them both your all good to go and get a job.

Hi
like Kirk says if you have a C1 grandad rights then you just have to do the 35 hrs cpc course no test before 2013
in you passed car test after 1997 i think you can sit the cpc mods test mod 4 is a walk round the truck tell me how yopu would check for hidden itemsie drugs ect or imagrants how to use the load securing devices ie straps how you would secure a load ect that from what i understand anyway also you will nead a truck and this is taken at the test centre …if you passed your car test before 1997 then you should already have c1 grandad rights .check you licence .

oops your right he would now have c1 on as passed c all I can say is DOH :blush:

Hi guys

Cheers for the replies

Im 23yrs old so judging by what you have all said, will have to complete cpc. After that do i then have to complete some part of the 35 hr training cpc? or can i start that at a later date?

Hope what im writing makes sense lol :grimacing:

Will also take a course on Drivers hours and Tachograph, just to brush up.

Thanks for your replies

if I remember right you will have to complete cpc as you dont have any grandfather rights.
take a read of ROG’s post at the top of page re training help it covers most topics in there takes some reading but well worth the time I still go over it again to cover things as im just halfway through my training best of luck to you in the future with it all Ed

As above, yes you will need your Mod 4. The only thing I would add is that, although it’s not rocket science, the chances of passing it without training are not a lot.

I’m surprised your trainer hasn’t explained all this to you. That’s scary!

Good luck :laughing: :laughing:

The DSA system SHOULD NOT allow those with aquired dcpc rights to book a mod 2 or mod 4 test

After passing your mod 4 test you will then have 5 years to complete 35 hours of periodic dcpc ‘training’

After passing mod 4 the DSA electronically inform DVLA (so do nothing) and you will be sent a DQC (driver cpc card) which will have an expiry date on it

The DQC must be carried with you at all times when driving commercially