directions to this place please.

Mike-C:
I’m dreading this fella ever getting muti drop!!

Rikki would run out of Bandwidth! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

doesnt matter if your a novice or not we all have to ask for directions now and again, i cant see a problem so keep asking mate

Nobody is worse than me at directions. I used to feel physically sick at the thought of having to find a strange place and getting lost.

The only way I managed to build my confidence was my trusty roadmap, a pencil and big piece of paper.
I would go through the map from point A to B the night before and write down every road and every junction in idiot proof English and keep the piece of paper with me in the cab. (I still do this even in the car on a new journey)
I even note down the names of roads immedietly before the one I will be turning into to give me a reference point.
Everybody does it a different way but this is my way and it works for me.
Nobody finds there way about by magic - we all need help one way or another.

Mothertrucker:
we all need help one way or another.

Yep, and if you learn to use a map, you can take it with you and it doesn’t need electricity.

welshlad:
I am going to tradeteam in cole stretom( not sure if this is how you spell it)
in the morning, i have directions as far as exit m42 at junction 9.
Not much else any help would be much appreciated.
cheers guys.

Don’t send me another PM, as i will make them public if you do. The last thing thats personal to me is a message. You never PM’d me for directions so don’t PM me to tell me that “what goes around comes around” when you don’t like my response in the forum to your question.

philips-maps.co.uk/philips/c … ID=philips

One of my favourites, how about yours welshlad?

Be carefull,you talking ■■■■■■ now Gurner… :laughing: :laughing:
( Wait for the BIG CAPS & threatening pms ) :laughing: :laughing:
CHARLTON ■■
STOKE ?
BASINGSTOKE ?
HODDESDON ?
NEWPORT ?
M.A.N ?
PORTBURY ?
PRESTON ?
& he’s only 22!!!

Hey welshlad…wish i could go to bed with your wife peacefully…mine never stops moaning…nice name though…and when you come on this site …expect a bit of banter…or wee…wee taking…its what we do best …trucking takes second place…good luck …

Some of you lot ought to try working at our place, my new nickname is Tom Tom, cos everyone keeps asking me for direction to the sites.

Up to now I have not minded because, usually, I need help as well, but just recently everytimeI need some direction no one seem to know or the info they give is totally useless. So for the past week my response has been to tell them to find them the same way I have to, by trial and error and using a map. My phone has been very quiet from Thursday onwards, will see how it goes next week :laughing:

On our job if you get in the right area you can normally find a big yellow sign or a builders sign to the site. I will help anyone but sometimes you just get a bit [zb]'d off by it.

Years ago all the French drivers in Western Docks used to ask me for directions & then take the mickey out of the way I spoke French. Needless to say privileges were with held idefinitely…

Mike C Wrote

Don’t send me another PM, as i will make them public if you do. The last thing thats personal to me is a message. You never PM’d me for directions so don’t PM me to tell me that “what goes around comes around” when you don’t like my response in the forum to your question.

:laughing: I think your being a little to sensitive

Gizmo:
Mike C Wrote

:laughing: I think your being a little to sensitive

I’m not sensitive at all, but if i am gonna make a numpty of someone i like to forewarn them first! I take it Skegness went well?!