diesel prices

how much is diesel these days? i paid (well, the company i was driving for did) £137.9 ppl the other day at stracartho truckstop. i thought the prices had dropped recently not gone up :open_mouth:

scanny77:
how much is diesel these days? i paid (well, the company i was driving for did) £137.9 ppl the other day at stracartho truckstop. i thought the prices had dropped recently not gone up :open_mouth:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

£123.9 pl in Dundee on Friday

whereabouts? i like this company and i like working for them. if i can get cheaper fuel i will. i dont particularly want to see them in a RIP section somewhere. i think they use keyfuels to buy their diesel

at the BP station on the Kingsway beside Camperdown Park

I dosn’t matter what price it says on the pump. You pay the agreed price with your fuel card company.

What gets me is the fact that when the oil price goes down it takes one or two months for the price to change at the pump. But when the oil price goes up it takes a day for the price to change at the pump. :imp:

The company doesn’t pay the advertised pump price, they pay a centrally negotiated price with key fuels, plus they get the vat back so they are probably paying about a £1 per litre at the moment and it wouldn’t matter were in the key fuels network you filled up, fair play for being bothered though.

Silver_Surfer:
fair play for being bothered though.

i dont care about companies like tesco. they arent transport companies so fuel is merely cutting into their profits, so they arent really a high risk. smaller companies are a different story though. i dont like seeing transport companies going bust so i will do what little i can to save them a few quid here and there ie changing my driving style to save fuel and in this case trying to get fuel cheaper rather than just going for the most convenient filling point. admittedly i dont really know anything about fuel cards. i just assumed they were a way to avoid giving the driver a wod of cash to carry around. i thought they would still pay the displayed price though. if there is a price gap of 14 ppl between 2 petrol stations then i dont understand where that price difference is absorbed :confused:

With a true bunker card, the company actually buys the fuel and puts it into the network. It allows them to negotiate their own discounts with a preferred supplier.

I had to dip the tanks or print off a pump receipt on a Monday morning so I could order fuel at the best price. By about 10am there would have been 3 or 4 calls from young ladies offering you fuel at the best price. That was in the 31.3 ppl days :open_mouth:

The alternative was an Agency card where you still negotiated your own discounts but did not pay up front. These were normally used as last resort.

DKV and UTA are simply credit cards specific to transport users.

119.9p in Aberdeen City
124.9p in Fraserburgh
105.9p on the card

Fridays prices.

stracartho truckstop renown for the high price on retail sales.

119.9 is the general pump price in the South of England it seems at the moment.

Haven’t been much above Leeds recently but don’t think I’ve bought fuel with a pump price of over 123.9 for at least 3 weeks or so.

Alex

scanny77:

:open_mouth:

121.9 on Friday at the garage near where I park the truck.

i mentioned this to the guy at tradimar. He didnt have a clue either and just said most drivers fill up at stracartho.

It looks like i have time to investigate. Im at asda grangemouth being loaded. Iv gone from a night out to a run to aberdeen to a run to dundee. No backload yet so i might be home tonight. At least i got the TGX this time though

Teatime the card price is plus VAT !!!

scanny77:
i mentioned this to the guy at tradimar. He didnt have a clue either and just said most drivers fill up at stracartho.

It looks like i have time to investigate. Im at asda grangemouth being loaded. Iv gone from a night out to a run to aberdeen to a run to dundee. No backload yet so i might be home tonight. At least i got the TGX this time though

Scanny you surprise me - someone so involved in the fuel protests and yet you didn’t know Keyfuels cards don’t work at pump prices :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Part of the reason that the price takes a while to come back down but is quick to go up is that the garages sell it at such a small profit margin eg 121.9 …0.2 pence per litre of that goes to the garage the rest is taken by the oil companies and because of that small margin they try to keep it as high as they can for as long as possible to make as much as they can but when it goes up they have to be quick to react otherwise they would end up running at a complete loss…

With the fuel cards part of the reason they can negotiate is because its on credit they make money on the interest paid on the cards plus the bulk buy aspect…

Im very sad i know but i worked in a petrol station for about 3 months… :blush:

Adam

willie_mac:
Teatime the card price is plus VAT !!!

Doh ! of course ( at least I dont pay the bill at the end of the month )

Denis F:

scanny77:

Scanny you surprise me - someone so involved in the fuel protests and yet you didn’t know Keyfuels cards don’t work at pump prices :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i have never dealt with that side of fuel cards and most of the clients i work for have fuel on site anyway. besides, the protests i am involved in are nothing to do with trucks or hauliers. we want fuel duty cut for all road users. i did a radio interview a while ago and i was asked if i pay for the fuel that goes in the truck. my answer was no but i pay to get to work and i buy shopping so fuel prices do affect me as a consumer, not a truck driver

one of my associates has just gone bust. he is a haulier!

As far as I know Stracathro is higher than anywhere nearby because it has gone independant.

slapshotDTSneil:
at the BP station on the Kingsway beside Camperdown Park

i spotted this one today. for future reference for anyone else heading north who wants cheaper fuel than stracartho, its the bp garage after the second roundabout on the A90 once you get to dundee.

Im very sad i know but i worked in a petrol station for about 3 months

what happened after that, did they go bust? Because if they were only scraping 2ppl they were running it very tight.

…unless you mean bunkered fuel handling charge?