Is it me or has diesel seemed to go up again this week?

ive been lookin around my local garages and even supermarkets but has the price of diesel gone up i live in the east end of london and ive seen prices as much as 92.9 per litre and did the chanclor say there was to be no more price rise til september just something ive noticed let me know the price your payin now tesco was 86.9 a litre this morning and whats the most expensive price you have seen recently

cheers

jay

they will be going up for quite a while. so it is estimated

truckersworld.co.uk/phpBB2/v … .php?t=312

Driving around the Scunthorpe area in my poor diesel car today, I noticed the cheapest diesel was 85.9p per litre with most being at or just above the 90p mark. When I first got my car in 2003 and regularly drove down to East London in it, diesel was 72p per litre at Tesco’s at Scunthorpe and Barking. Now its just barking mad!!!

I think it’s high time for another dispute, but it wont happen, everyone’s too scared of what might happen this time around. As usual the transport industry and those who claim to stand up for the industry are just sitting on the fence twiddling their thumbs, when they should be advocating direct action. No doubt they are all in Blair’s pocket anyway.

scanny77:
they will be going up for quite a while. so it is estimated

truckersworld.co.uk/phpBB2/v … .php?t=312

cricky the background colour on that site does yer eyes in

allrighty:
I think it’s high time for another dispute, but it wont happen, everyone’s too scared of what might happen this time around. As usual the transport industry and those who claim to stand up for the industry are just sitting on the fence twiddling their thumbs, when they should be advocating direct action. No doubt they are all in Blair’s pocket anyway.

which isnt the fault of the truckers or there farming community supporters …
it is the fault of this heavy handed crap stirring draconian goverment that says we live in a democracy when it is obvious that we dont…

and besides that i cant afford to lose a weeks wages … can you … lucky if you can …bills aint gonna get paid for me …

case of put up or shut up with this lot

Its always the same, they say no increases then sneak the price up. Same as this supposed Brit tax for that they made a big noise about, haven’t heard a squeak about that since they promised it.

paul@midway:

allrighty:

which isnt the fault of the truckers or there farming community supporters …
it is the fault of this heavy handed crap stirring draconian goverment that says we live in a democracy when it is obvious that we dont…

and besides that i cant afford to lose a weeks wages … can you … lucky if you can …bills aint gonna get paid for me …

case of put up or shut up with this lot

LOOK AT MY POST!!! I never said it was the fault of truckers, I said it was those in the industry sitting on the fence, those who never raised a point of objection to the WTD, who are letting Blair steamroller this country into a quagmire of stupid rules and unworkable euro legislation. As if they think we dont have enough to do in our working lives. What I’m saying is this industry has some powerful players, who could and should be twisting the governments’ arm very hard to make them see sense. I’m just wondering which side of the fence they are on?

Remember the Poll Tax protests which brought down Mrs T? Its time we had something similar to bring down Mr B.

dont shout at the start of a conversation its rude :wink:

i did read your post you said transport industry which includes truckers …

When I refer to those who represent the transport industry, I mean the RHA and FTA, not actually truck drivers. If those organisations were so concerned about fuel price rises in this country they would be doing a lot more shouting about it instead of going to number 10 having cosy little chats with beer and prawn sandwiches thrown in. Oh bollox to it why do I bother to explain my views, I’ve been down this route b4 with the all out strike debate. Its all for one on here, I think its time I left this forum, everyone is so self-obsessed and not willing to fight for their beliefs. Did the Miners care about losing a weeks’ pay when they went on strike, no they had a belief and fought for what they wanted.

This country is going to the dogs cos of the likes of you, its more and more like the US and the ME ME ME culture they have.

With these attitudes prevailing in this community I am becoming thoroughly ashamed to call myself a truck driver.

bollox to you all

when was the last time the FTA, RHA or any of the unions stuck up for us? if we are going to get things sorted out, it is down to US!!! :imp:

You are spot on Scanny, it is down to US, but we are no good on our own, we need to be as one voice. The trade unions do nothing for anybody except themselves lining their own pockets, the FTA and RHA are just talking shops, all talk no action.and why does it require TWO talking shops to represent the transport industry? It’s all just money for doing nothing. Time we had a union for drivers and run by drivers, people who have a desire to fight and win for their comrades. A union that can make the Govt sit up and listen for once, and ■■■■ its pants at the thought of what we can do to this country as a collective. It is high time that companies and others out there who sneer at us remember that if you are sitting on it, sleeping on it, watching it, eating it, drinking it, driving it or filling it up, then a truck and driver made that possible.

I think I’ve said enough, but I still think apathy will will the day. :cry:

times have changed mate the miners strikes were years ago …
striking will get you no where these days … face it …an agency driver will come in and do your job

and stick your personal " likes of you " attack where the sun doesnt shine

and also adding that whilst your self absorbed in handing out abuse and making people think they should strike , i think you have forgotten blair and prescott succeded in securing emergency powers if the fuel strikes were to happen again , and i will bet a pound to a penny that vital supplies like food and water deliveries made it onto that emergency power list … so whilst your stood on the picket line not being payed the army and the police will move in and take the trucks … in the meantime the general public is watching news bulletins of hospitals running out of food and supplies , old people at home starving because there is no food in the shops …
see where i,m going with this …
i,ve worked with people like you in the past . i steer clear and ignore people like you …

that is all

:angry: