Fuel prices.

I noticed yesterday that in my local Sainsburys, petrol and diesel were both 115.9p a litre. And at the BP garage, their diesel was 114.9p and petrol was dearer at 116.9p. What’s changed to make the petrol price rise quicker than diesel?

I reckon it could be my fault though. Back in January, I got rid of my diesel astra and bought a petrol focus because I don’t do alot of miles to justify the extra cost of running a diesel. That’s just the kind of luck I have. I’ve jinxed things.[emoji22]

Noticed the same thing in Asda Grangemouth, both 115.9/ltr. There was a 6p difference not so long ago.

I noticed that too, after a quick Google seems as usual the consumer has been ripped off.
telegraph.co.uk/finance/news … month.html

Drift:
I noticed that too, after a quick Google seems as usual the consumer has been ripped off.
telegraph.co.uk/finance/news … month.html

Why doesn’t that surprise me. So really to make good their recent over pricing, they should drop the diesel price below what it should be for a month. Like that will ever happen. Motorists and Hauliers have been fleeced again and probably nothing will get done about it.[emoji35]

Haha Damoq!!! I was smart enough to hold on to my Astra diesel :slight_smile:

I use my local Esso, never have checked their prices. We have been asked this week to fill up at DHL in Bellshill and not to use the services :open_mouth:

G6Bob:

I use my local Esso, never have checked their prices. We have been asked this week to fill up at DHL in Bellshill and not to use the services :open_mouth:

It was a new astra. One of those pieces of crap that does a regen near enough once a week. Lucky to get 37mpg from it. Didn’t even keep it 10 months.

At the BP garage on Caenby corner, petrol is only 1p more expensive than diesel. Not long again it was 6-7p more expensive.

damoq:

G6Bob:

It was a new astra. One of those pieces of crap that does a regen near enough once a week. Lucky to get 37mpg from it. Didn’t even keep it 10 months.

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33348506

not that I would ever buy a Vauxhall ,find them boring and bland,but selling it could be a bit of luck before the Vauxhall fairies move north

Fairies would have been doing me a favour if they had done that to mine.[emoji3]

Was something missed in the budget?

Is it just me or are prices dropping again? Was up to 121.9 for diesel recently, now back down to as low as 115.9! But aye, we’re still getting shafted :unamused:

damoq:

G6Bob:

I love my Astra, 55mpg +, never needs anything done to it except the odd wearing components. Its a 55 plate, could be doing with 6 gears and cruise control, for a 10 years old car at about 115-120k it keeps up with most newer German motors on the motorways :smiley:

norb:

damoq:

G6Bob:

bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33348506

not that I would ever buy a Vauxhall ,find them boring and bland,but selling it could be a bit of luck before the Vauxhall fairies move north

I’ve only ever had Vauxhalls, the two wee Corsas I had before my Astra took some punishment and were always reliable for me. I even had a sticker on the back of one of them that said “Vauxhall or F*ck all!!!” :sunglasses:

Here diesel at Sainsburys is still around the 120.9p mark and petrol about 115.9p, though Morrisons at Staveley had diesel at 117.9 yesterday.

Pete.