DHL

I see that DHL have got that huge new warehouse on the side of the M18 at Thorne, South Yorkshire where they’ll be running it for MFI. Understand that they are getting 18 months rent free then it’s £4 million a year :open_mouth:
What are DHL like to work for? If they are any good I may apply myself :slight_smile:

if you mean as an employee i dont know, but as a subbie they pay above average rates, you need to become an approved carrier to them and have
git insurance of £3000 per ton. plenty of work but they do some fartin about :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Goes live at the beginning of the year (Jan).

My mate is one of the 70 odd poor sods at MFI getting the boot at Xmas. There’s nobody else in the area paying the same money.

Mind you, for him it ties in well with his plans to go to Spain.

Conor:
My mate is one of the 70 odd poor sods at MFI getting the boot at Xmas. There’s nobody else in the area paying the same money.

I’d like to say I had nothing to do what that part of the process I just hire the new people and am one of the good guys.

Conor:

When was this announced conor :question:

Sockpuppet:
I designed that warehouse (well part of it)
you could have designed a newbie bay ie no reversing needed :smiley:
or a bay with wavy lines i cant seem to get to grips with the straight lined bays :smiley:

aka tiny

dhl are a good company to work for depending what base & contract your on, i worked on the gypsum contract and for amount of work you did for what they paid you made it probably the best job in the nottingham/leics area, but i did meet other drivers form different depots who did’nt like them they can get a bit silly sometimes with there site rules etc… but on the whole they do look after there staff but you do have to wear a german flag for a uniform :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ian aka Hairygorilla - you get in from work in early hours then straight onto forum now that’s sad :laughing: Got a later start tonight have you?
Dave.

Dave L:

Conor:

When was this announced conor :question:

It hasn’t been officially AFAIK. He told me when I went round his house this last week.

DHL have been putting more and more vehicles in there over the last few months and have pretty much taken over certain parts of the operation already. I’m sure I saw a DHL sign on an office building/portacabin when I took a fridge in there for service last week - we use Pullmans who have a garage on site and do MFI fleet maintenance.

I work for DHL on the european parcel contract…
I have no complaints apart from havin to share the truck i drive.

I drive to Krefeld in Germany and Dublin mainly .
sometimes we go to Paris . Eindhoven and even Bognor Regis!!

I am paid weekly and there is never a problem!!.

My take on DHL is that they’re not a bad company - just that they’re getting in everywhere. Saying that though, with the farcical way UK businesses are run, it’s not exactly hard to do a better job for less money.

Looks like they treat their drivers right which is all that counts for us in my opinion.

penfold no i have a few beers before i go to bed otherwise i cannot sleep :smiley:
thats my excuse and im drinking to it
i finished at five this morning , but i will take the other half to work at 7 then easy day before back on nights monday
please keep me away from port sunlight i hate the place lol

speaking to one of the managers at the local dhl depot the other day, he reckons the van drivers are up in arms at the new pay scheme

Conor:
My take on DHL is that they’re not a bad company - just that they’re getting in everywhere. Saying that though, with the farcical way UK businesses are run, it’s not exactly hard to do a better job for less money.

I respectfully disagree.

DHL are not regarded as one of the best opeators. In fact most large 3PLs are all regarded as the same. Thats why the smaller ones exist, people not willing to become a number in the DHL accounts.

Do you really think that if they likes of Lloyd Fraser, Unipart, Jigsaw really went into a contract war with DHL they would win. DHL could buy the company just to get its contracts.

DHL are also doing the global sourcing project so they can use all thier power to buy stuff cheap. Racking, trucks, diesel, mhe etc all come in from very cheap prices.

DHL also have thier own diesel supply. From memory they can move 2,000,000 litres of diesel a day and have 14 days bunkered up.

Having worked for DHL in the design process, bidding for contracts with them and against them it is very hard to do a project cheaper.

And?

All you’ve done, Sockpuppet, is to support exactly what I said by listing some of the reasons why DHL manages to do things better than UK companies.

So DHL can get supplies cheap, so DHL gets fuel cheap, so DHL buys out companies in order to get contracts. This is no different from any other big company.

Take MFI seeing as the OP mentioned it. MFI bought out Hygena Kitchens and Schreiber - no different to how DHL work but you fail to mention it.

Or what about Uniq Foods which has bought out countless food manufacturers?

And if anybody knows CONOR knows!!!