DHL anyone?

I’m looking for something with 4/5 nights out a week, found this job with DHL. Anyone know/work for DHL? Do you have to dress up as a Parakeet (look at their van drivers!), Do they do nights out? Cant get hold of anyone today (Sunday) on the advertised phone number.

Working in partnership with one of the UK’s leading electrical retailers, we are expanding our transport operation at Bristol, Severn Beach. We are seeking to recruit HGV1 qualified Drivers, with a professional and flexible approach to their work. Experience of retail delivery would be advantageous, however full training will be given.
Working patterns available:
- Full-time, working 5 out of 7 days per week
- Part-time, working 2-3 days per week to include weekend working
In return, benefits include:
- Minimum earnings of £24,462.50 per annum (pro-rata) + enhancement for nights
- Company contributory Pension Scheme
- 30 days paid holiday per year (pro-rata)
- Company sick pay scheme
- Uniform provided
- Temporary and fixed term contracts also available
- Modern fleet and depot facilities
[/i]

That sounds like the Curries contract so I don’t think there will be nights out. Yes the guys on that contract wear ‘The Uniform’. :wink: :smiley:

The money doesn’t seem very good to me.

Coffeeholic:
That sounds like the Curries contract so I don’t think there will be nights out. Yes the guys on that contract wear ‘The Uniform’. :wink: :smiley:

That would be a bit ironic, I did 4 years night trunking Southampton/Plymouth/Southampton for Mastercare Distribution (Curries). Then they decided it would be cheaper to contract the job out, got rid of my unit and made me redundant, they did that for a couple of years and it cost a fortune.

In good management tradition they decided it was not their fault, so they routed the Manchester (hub) to Southampton run from Manchester to Yate, thus moving the problem from Southampton to Yate.

At the same time they gave the Yate/Plymouth run to DHL, this has been plagued by various problems ever since (which I wont go into :open_mouth: ).

In conclusion Coffee, maybe I wont be taking this much further :laughing:

I notice that they are not offering permanent full time

ROG:
I notice that they are not offering permanent full time

Temporary and fixed term contracts also available

I would take the also in the above to mean as well as permanent full time positions. :wink:

“PARAKEET”

PMSL :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently the uniform is changing .

Dark blue , seen a few blokes wandering about with dark blue fleeces on with yellow beading on them .

we have still got and wear exel uniform :wink:

The money might be right for the geographic area .
I couldn’t comment I don’t live in Bristol

job at newark isnt that bad , theres a bit of graft but i feel better for it , , hours can be ■■■■■■ , but i dont rush . uniform looks like ronald macdonald ish .

As DHL seem to be taking over all sorts of smaller logistics companies - and quite a few larger ones (JRL around here), I don’t think there’s a hard & fast rule about how each company in the group treats its drivers. The wording of the ad makes it look as if it’s aimimg towards a permanent position - no temporary jobs would offer employer-contributary pension, a definite plus if you are looking long-term.

thecoder0:
“PARAKEET”

i saw 3 of their drivers walk into woodside cafe nr goole i day & i thought the circus was in town, they looked right clowns :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

164480:

thecoder0:
“PARAKEET”

i day & i thought the circus was in town, they looked right clowns :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Is this really suitable for a website where children can see? i saw 3 of their drivers walk into woodside nr goole

Fastrantiger:
Anyone know/work for DHL?

Yes I work for them

Fastrantiger:
Do you have to dress up as a Parakeet (look at their van drivers!)

No - the new DHL Exel Supply chain uniform is very similar to the old Exel uniform I used to wear. It is navy blue with a small DHL logo on it in yellow. Very practical it is too.

Fastrantiger:
Do they do nights out?

Depends on the depot. We have 25 drivers for the 25 trucks at our place. I’d say 15 of us do a minimum of four nights out per week. One guy will only do days and the other lads do three to four nights out per week.

Don’t listen to all of the horror stories - there are some cracking sites to work at.

That job does like the Currys contract as Coffeeholic has already mentioned. Personally I wouldn’t really fancy it. I like the general haulage side of DHL better. Mate of mine works on the Currys contract at Newark and he says the money is poor and the kit ‘mullered’, despite being fairly new. (typical Exel influence there then :unamused: ) I like the ‘one driver - one truck’ approach as we have on our contract.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you want to know owt else :wink: