DHL Doncaster Thorne

Hello folks,

Got a start date at company above, I don’t suppose anyone could give me an idea where it is obviously in doncaster. The only thing I was given is a post code but having typed it into google maps there’s nothing coming up for a DHL warehouse near it. Post code I was given was DN8 4JD.

All help would be greatful. Thanks :slight_smile:

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

it’s right next to the m18, ya can’t miss it!! coming south come off at j6, 1st exit an ya there

mt pleasant road

Assuming it’s the Mfi warehouse as you go past it? Will probably take a trip down there to get my barings

jonnytruckfest:
Assuming it’s the Mfi warehouse as you go past it? Will probably take a trip down there to get my barings

well that’s the one i was on about, but it’s been a few years since i’ve been past, just done a little digging and about 6 months ago it was announced that The Range were taking it over from dhl. so i might be wrong?

Not too sure, agency told me that they’ve took a new contract on etc. Just hope when i go on Monday its the right place :laughing:

Cheers

Is that the warehouse next to car import place ( BMW ? ) right beside M18 ? Come off @ Thorne .
There was a post a while ago that they had “yellow-lined” the road up to it to stop drivers O/nighting ?

The given postcode puts the job at Thorne, albeit the place is east of the M18, and not west of it as the postcode puts it.
iirc its “the Range” store chain that’s running from round the back half of the place
However DHL also run the Scott`s warehouse (on Nottinghamshire way 2nd w/house on right) near to the IKEA at J4, and also have a toehold in the door at the Next warehouse next door (on Lincolnshire way at the bottom of the road)

The Rustler:
Is that the warehouse next to car import place ( BMW ? ) right beside M18 ? Come off @ Thorne .
There was a post a while ago that they had “yellow-lined” the road up to it to stop drivers O/nighting ?

that’s the one i was on about, i checked the postcode before i posted and as pierre says the postcode comes up on the wrong side of the motorway but in the right area.

thats the one, next to the m18 - there are two companies in there, i tipped there last year, you cant sit in your cab and the waitin room is a total joke - about the size of five chairs :frowning: i offered to drop my trailer and go home as i only live up the road but i couldnt because the tressle things belonged to the other company and they couldnt borrow then so i had to stay under my trailer :imp:

I thought DHL had left that building and The Range had taken it over. It seemed to sit empty for a while and lately I’ve seen a few artics from the Range around locally.

Oops, I see Peirre had explained what I asked. :blush: :blush:

The last time I was in Thorne was around 3-4 weeks ago, and was surprised to see loads of Range trucks parked on the bays on the far side of the building.
I doubt that DHL have completely moved out of the building, iirc they hold the lease on it and have used it as storage for BP oils, and overspill for the Bawtry depot.

I’ve delivered containers in there a lot and the delivery notes also say Gregories, The Range and also DHL. I think the Range took the warehouse on and DHL run it. I was there Thursday Morning and plenty of DHL trucks going round the back. We tip on the motorway side and the yard is blocked off at the minute so there is no one way system round at present but that’s where DHL are at Thorne .

Took a test run upto DHL this morning, the range is being run by DHL I think as the security man said I was in the right place. :slight_smile: Looks like it’s going to be a good ol’ time tomorrow :laughing: :smiley: Just hope I don’t take the wrong turn as I did today coming back adding an extra 10 mile to the trip :blush: :blush:

Cheers