DHL

Does anyone know anything about DHL they are looking for/train class 1 drivers, and have an open day in Southampton tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone knew what they were like to work for.

They pay rubbish money and offer o/t which is snatched back on a fri so they dont have to pay o/t rate. WOULDNT BOTHER, RUBBING RAG JOB… :unamused:

shedender, don’t listen to this guy tony he seem’s to have a problem with DHL. he must be one off those artic driver’s that was asked to do more than one drop and replyed i’m an artic driver i don’t do multi drop there there there. anyway not a bad company to work for they are like everyone else they have there moment’s. i work for the glasgow branch as a class one driver. they pay us 7.21 then xand a half/double time sunday’s. since it’s southampton dock’s your on about i suppose it will be mostly container work that you would be doing. i know most of them get paid by the mile. this means you get you flat week+ 10p a mile ( roughly) plus every container/ trailer you pick up you get paid for that as well, something like £7 per trailer you also get night out money,nightshift allowance.so add it all up it could be a pretty good earner. there will be days that you won’t do much then the next day there ain’t enough hour’s in the day. you will be assessed by the training driver to ensure you can handle the vehicle, nothing to worry about pretty straight forward. so if your willing to do nights out and to do the miles then give them a call nothing to lose. good luck :wink:

Got to say she i worked for them when they were Securicor and they were the most unorganised pile of excretia i have ever had to work for, and the money was excretia too.
If you have other alternatives go for them.

ive just got a job with securicor but iam not driveing iam going to be standing at a ticket barrier watchhing the world and women :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: go by and get paid 7.50 a hour for a 10 hr day and i will be doing 4 days on 4 off so they dont seem to bad

They have got an open day in one of the Southampton hotels tomorrow (sat) so I am going to go along and see what they have to say.

They say they could be looking to train class2 drivers to class1. So being a newly qualified class1 driver I am hoping they will give me a break.

fish4.co.uk/jobs/search/view_det … VIEWFISHME

Here is the e mail I was sent from fish4…

Hi Pete, I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t go to this open day, if they are offering employment to newly qualified drivers and paying a reasonable rate, fair play to them, it’s good to see a company offering training at last! although it may be only through desperation that they need to train new drivers, this is what we will all start to see as the driver shortage takes hold, as long as they don’t want to tie you in to a very lengthy or restrictive contract, it can only be a good thing. but don’t sell yourself short…you have a qualification, the same as a plumber, electrician or any other tradesman. and it have some value the difference is for some reason we have to remind our employers of the fact good luck & don’t forget you have something they want

p.s. Ddon’t let them know you are a Chelsea fan, it will only hinder your chances :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Very good

dhl/securicor/danzas

forget it. i did a stint 4 them in skem on the container side.worst job i had
what a bunch of muppets. new wagon ■■■■■ pay.

regards

ricky

liverpool

All flash and no cash,springs to mind

try norman offer tpt.

Went to there open day, £5.73 an hour. Guaranteed £330.12 a week.
And £413.28 nights.

not a bad wage for you + it will give you your experiance. are you going for it? let us know :wink:

not a bad wage■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
how does the £5.73 equate into the £330.12■■ 57.6 hrs??

paul

Would not set my alarm for that kind of money, it is diabolical :open_mouth:
I dont have any probs with DHL? She asked a question i answered it honestly ANY driver working 60 hrs a week for 5/6 even 7 p/h is selling themselves way short. :open_mouth: This industry takes the [zb] with the hours pay and conditions offered, DRIVER SHORTAGE :question: :question: :question: I WONDER WHY :open_mouth:

Nice try…L.:wink:

£5.73 An hour :open_mouth: Driving an artic WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. You would get more mopping floors at Mcdonalds :exclamation: SERIOUSLY :exclamation:

well tony if you can get that money mopping floors then i’ll send my wife over to macdonald’s. this lad shedender is only looking for someone to give him a start so as he can get his experiance on class one. if you know a company that will give him a start with no experiance then put it on the site so he can give them a call, instead of sitting there telling him that you would not get out your bed for that kind of money. some people can’t afford to let this kind of money go by mayby you can i don’t know what you do for a living if you drive or sit behind a desk i don’t really care. i can name a few companies that pay alot less than what dhl are paying.or mayby your a subbie bear in mind the price that you quote ie dhl or whoever ain’t the price that they are charging the company who’s freight you will be pulling.or are you an agency driver well the next time you get a call for a job for dhl then you have the option of saying no, as i said earlier some people can’t afford to say no to that kind of money and can’t afford to say no to any kind of work when so many companies are laying people off .

TONY:
£5.73 An hour :open_mouth: Driving an artic WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. You would get more mopping floors at Mcdonalds :exclamation: SERIOUSLY :exclamation:

Agreed! £5.73! Do not sell yourself short you are a professional !!

Its companies like this that are causing the Transport industry to be in the mess it is in now!

I honestly would rather put my cap on the floor at the local shopping centre and play a flute (rather badly) Than drive a 44 tonne artic for under 6 quid,Whilst playing said flute would also stick warm pins in my eyes :open_mouth: AND YES U R RIGHT I WOULD SAY NO TO THAT KIND OF MONEY. Cleaning jobs pay 5+6 quid.Trust me… :blush: