DHL

KitKat. I have to agree with you, on all points.

Tony I dont really want to work for less than X per hour, but then, like most of us on here, I have a mortgage, and children to keep. I know I could earn more cleaning floors at MacDonalds. But to be honest, I dont want to clean, I want to drive my truck. Consequently, I will remain as one of those drivers who are allegedly ruining this industry by working long hours for poor pay. My choice I believe?

Shed. If you feel that you can manage your financial commitments by earning the money DHL are offering, whilst gaining that all important experience, then I would say ,Go for it.
Good luck, Enjoy yourself, and Stay safe.

Reagrds

Kate

Thecritic:

TONY:
£5.73 An hour :open_mouth: Driving an artic WHAT AN ABSOLUTE JOKE. You would get more mopping floors at Mcdonalds :exclamation: SERIOUSLY :exclamation:

Agreed! £5.73! Do not sell yourself short you are a professional !!

Its companies like this that are causing the Transport industry to be in the mess it is in now!

what about eddie stobbart under cutting other companies just to get extra pallets, it’s not companies like sol/dhl that are making this industry the way it is, and guys like stobbart have got what he deserves,at least dhl/sol are creating job’s not putting people on the dole.

Thanks for your replys guys, not sure what to do yet, tempted by nights, can do either shunting or out on the road.

Got an interview on wednesday with container lift see what they have to say then decide I think.

DHL said there is no closing date for the job as they are always looking for drivers.

shedender:
tempted by nights, can do either shunting or out on the road.

Pete, if you aren’t that good at reversing, have a go at night shunting, you will be better than most of us within a month or so :smiley: :sunglasses: :open_mouth:

Kate:
KitKat. I have to agree with you, on all points.

Tony I dont really want to work for less than X per hour, but then, like most of us on here, I have a mortgage, and children to keep. I know I could earn more cleaning floors at MacDonalds. But to be honest, I dont want to clean, I want to drive my truck. Consequently, I will remain as one of those drivers who are allegedly ruining this industry by working long hours for poor pay. My choice I believe?

Reagrds

Kate

Well said

shedender:
DHL said there is no closing date for the job as they are always looking for drivers.

£5.73 per hour!!! anyone supprised■■?

No closing date :open_mouth: WELL BLOW ME DOWN WITH A FEATHER :exclamation:

That might JUST have something to do with the [zb] POOR wage offered :open_mouth:

Another nice try…L.:wink:

TONY:
I honestly would rather put my cap on the floor at the local shopping centre and play a flute (rather badly) Than drive a 44 tonne artic for under 6 quid,Whilst playing said flute would also stick warm pins in my eyes :open_mouth: AND YES U R RIGHT I WOULD SAY NO TO THAT KIND OF MONEY. Cleaning jobs pay 5+6 quid.Trust me… :blush:

Theres nowt like being commited to a principle Tone! But personally I’d sooner drive me truck whilst listening to my fave tunes! :laughing:

Mal.

Thecritic:

shedender:

£5.73 per hour!!! anyone supprised■■?

go on critic how much do you go to work for per hour. if guy’s like you can afford to turn down work for less than 6-7 pounds per hour then good on you, some off us ain’t in that position. and you being in agency work i did not think you would get alot of work at this time off year,so let’s see how long you will last as 6-7 pounds per hour might sound good in a few weeks time.

TONY:
I honestly would rather put my cap on the floor at the local shopping centre and play a flute (rather badly) Than drive a 44 tonne artic for under 6 quid,Whilst playing said flute would also stick warm pins in my eyes :open_mouth: AND YES U R RIGHT I WOULD SAY NO TO THAT KIND OF MONEY. Cleaning jobs pay 5+6 quid.Trust me… :blush:

why don’t you you might get 7 pounds for the day. then again you won’t get out your bed for that kind of money. :laughing:

Forgot to say night shunting was job and finish.

shedender:
Forgot to say night shunting was job and finish.

sounds good, but you can’t finish till warehouse staff have finished cause its their work you will be shunting around the yard