DHL at EMA

Well, I have finally got at least a day’s work. YIPEEEEEE

One of the drops, is at DHL, East Mids Airport.

Now, I have been unfortunate enought to have airport drops in the past, but apparently, the dry ice doesn’t need to be delivered air side.

Would anyone know which end of the place I would possibly need to be?? The airport end or the race track end?

Ta very much.

Airport end I think mate, past the airport and turn right. I think.

Ta mate. I can only see one gatehouse on google maps, but it looks like it could be the entrance to some top secret nuclear bunker, :laughing:, so I guess thats airside. I’ll find out when I get there, but if its airside, then I’m stuffed, cos I don’t carry that much ID, :laughing:

I’ve got a feeling that it’s in the airport but landside. I can remember parking outside it when I was on the taxis and I got thrown out of the car park waiting for a delayed flight but I can’t remember how I got to it.

if you go past the main entrance to the airport and the industrial estate, there is a large DHL hub on the right, between the airport and the race track, never been into it, so not sure how to get in

Ta folks, I reckon i’ll go to the big warehouse first and try there. I know the company I am driving for had problems with airside deliveries and so they now don’t actually go in. I’m just not sure where the drop point is as the postcode parks me in the terminal, :laughing:

drive past the entrance to the airport, you will see DHL on your right, at the roundabout go right and you will come back on yourself across the front of DHL gatehouse will come up on your left, it’s not classed as air side so you should have no problems.

Just follow signs for Cargo west.
You will need I.D. driving license and passport or they will not let you in.

Ben9:
You will need I.D. driving license and passport or they will not let you in.

:laughing: exactly why I dont like airport drops, :laughing:

It amazes me how many non-airside deliveries have to go through the over tedious processes. Why the hell don’t airports have thier own distribution warehouse.

You can get in, get tipped and let them do all the security later.

I think DHL is all classed as airside.
All the other cargo firms you just drive straight in.

At DHL tell them you want a brew and for 5p in the reception area you get quite a drinkable beverage. Be warned however that chocolate and cappuccino is a shocking 6p.

Ben9:
… Be warned however that chocolate and cappuccino is a shocking 6p.

:laughing:

Can anyone tell me if Burger King at Moto services are still accepting the ‘Food for Fuel’ vouchers■■?

I have just prepared my work bag and found £12 worth of munch tickets, :laughing:, and as I am going past Donnington services tomorrow, I might treat myself to a fat boy burger, :laughing: