Land Rover, Jaguar DHL

I had the “experience” of this place today. Is there anything that DHL does that isn’t a complete cluster zb!? Arrived with 3 small pallets from Sweden or Denmark, was told by the gate man to go to Green route, G2. Arrived there, forkie says its the wrong place. Cue an hour and half of driving around to just about every dock on the entire site just to find someone who will take these flipping pallets off.

Every person in each dock area said those parts weren’t for that area. Is this a regular thing for DHL? This is the second DHL I’ve delivered to and again, its the same time I’ve been messed about.

Radar19:
I had the “experience” of this place today. Is there anything that DHL does that isn’t a complete cluster zb!? Arrived with 3 small pallets from Sweden or Denmark, was told by the gate man to go to Green route, G2. Arrived there, forkie says its the wrong place. Cue an hour and half of driving around to just about every dock on the entire site just to find someone who will take these flipping pallets off.

Every person in each dock area said those parts weren’t for that area. Is this a regular thing for DHL? This is the second DHL I’ve delivered to and again, its the same time I’ve been messed about.

I can’t understand how you got in that predicament. It is a very large place and as you’ll know different departments, but if you identified what you had on board and relayed that to someone they would of put you right. I’ve been in there a lot, so to a certain extent i know how it works, but even when i’ve been to sites unfamiliar to myself i.e Solihull and been sent to the wrong department i’ve never had a problem getting directed to the right one just by asking ? I mean the place has been there a long time and runs pretty efficiently , well up until you went there !! :laughing: :laughing:

There is a saying in that place " run by the Cowboys owned by the Indians

We have ten vehicles in there full time and it works well once the drivers get the hang of it.

I’ve worked out of London Colney DHL a few times in the past,great place to work. :sunglasses:
As far away from a cluster ■■■■ as you can imagine.
Probably not what you wanted to hear,just thought I’d share it all the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

I used to deliver to Solihull regularly. When Ford bought it, things improved a lot, not least the general attitudes of the staff I dealt with.

What surprises many people is just how big that place is - If you only ever drive past, you get no idea. The biggest problems I had were when delivering to contactors. Sometimes they would not have anyone on site and the LR guys were not allowed to take the delivery. Once I knew that - we would always make the early morning phone call to make sure they were.

The other problems were that they altered the numbering system of the bays, but suppliers still used the old one on the address, and many people who worked there only knew there own bit and had no idea what went on in the other areas.

As with all deliveries, it’s a lot easier when you learn the system and layout.

Santa:
I used to deliver to Solihull regularly. When Ford bought it, things improved a lot, not least the general attitudes of the staff I dealt with.

What surprises many people is just how big that place is - If you only ever drive past, you get no idea. The biggest problems I had were when delivering to contactors. Sometimes they would not have anyone on site and the LR guys were not allowed to take the delivery. Once I knew that - we would always make the early morning phone call to make sure they were.

The other problems were that they altered the numbering system of the bays, but suppliers still used the old one on the address, and many people who worked there only knew there own bit and had no idea what went on in the other areas.

As with all deliveries, it’s a lot easier when you learn the system and layout.

I hope so! Its like nobody wanted the parts.

Ramon123:
I’ve worked out of London Colney DHL a few times in the past,great place to work. :sunglasses:
As far away from a cluster [zb] as you can imagine.
Probably not what you wanted to hear,just thought I’d share it all the same. :stuck_out_tongue:

do they still have instructions on the bog wall on how to use the toilets in London colney

Solihull is a doddle. Man up! :laughing: