DHL INTERVIEW

Although working part time agency, and a bit for myself. I have an interview with DHL tomorrow afternoon multi dropping. Anyone here work for them on multi-drop?

Used to what contract?

Really does depend on the vehicle and the contract.

They do home deliveries in vans.

They do airport work.

They do car/truck/van spares / parts to dealers.

They do TK Maxx and M&S

They do Brighthouse (which I’m currently doing)

They do Wetherspoons etc.

And god knows what else. These are just the jobs I’ve done for them over the years on agency.

I think it’s home deliveries. I got a call from Pertemps put of the blue, saying they’d sent my CV to DHL, and an interview was arranged. Funny thing is…I never registered with Pertemps! So I’ll go to the interview and see. :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
I think it’s home deliveries. I got a call from Pertemps put of the blue, saying they’d sent my CV to DHL, and an interview was arranged. Funny thing is…I never registered with Pertemps! So I’ll go to the interview and see. :open_mouth:

If it’s vans, you usually get a regular area, they had sprinters when I was there (swb), and you had between 50 and 120 drops + collections. Usually crap like mobile phones and stuff, nowt big or heavy, but each delivery, people aren’t ready, are still in bed, are not in etc… When you get used to it, it’s not bad, but the 1st few weeks and you’re finishing at 8pm etc

All the guy on the phone said, was around 30 drops in Cornwall. I’m averaging 70 on DPD when I’m in there.
I’ll see and fill you in.

Good luck tomorrow! :slight_smile:

bigvern1:
All the guy on the phone said, was around 30 drops in Cornwall. I’m averaging 70 on DPD when I’m in there.

30 a day could be Argos home delivery they get 30 to 50 a day, 7.5tonne work that

theonlybigman:

bigvern1:

30 a day could be Argos home delivery they get 30 to 50 a day, 7.5tonne work that

Not this one apparently…Deffo van work.

Good luck with it Vern, take some wellies with you as you’ll be up to your knees in H+S bullcrap.

Just back from the interview. It’s on the DHL International side. All parcels from airfeight. Hardly any household, mainly businesses. Can’t be too many drops, because of the need to be back for the final trunker which leaves at 1730. So gotta play the waiting game now. :unamused:

bigvern1:
Just back from the interview. It’s on the DHL International side. All parcels from airfeight. Hardly any household, mainly businesses. Can’t be too many drops, because of the need to be back for the final trunker which leaves at 1730. So gotta play the waiting game now. :unamused:

When I was on the DHL airfreight, barely did 10 drops and collections in a day, but would run from Manchester mainly around ■■■■■■■ or mid / west Wales.

We had an LDV maxus van, but not sure what they run these days, and we had a DAF LF 7.5t, everything else was DAF CF.

We had to have our Level 4 (it was back then - now Level D) to do it, not sure if you’ve already got that or not?

Have got it already, but gotta do it again. Can’t see there being many drops either. Rural areas are great places to live. Too remote to cram loads of drops onto! :wink:

When I was on agency i did DHl night shift in a van collecting lcd screens from the london Underground (this was about 2 years back) was the easiest job i have ever had

I also did Dhl for Debenhams on a Saturday driving a class 2, that also is the easiest job I ever had, get there at 7am go to Bury sait Edmunds then Cambridge back to Bury then back to Stanton be back by 12:00pm and get paid a full 8 hours.

I then got offered another job on agency for DHl driving a class 2 for another firm (cant remember the name) they were going to put me on the DHl driver assesment but I refused as was putting my energy into finding full-time work, but Dhl did seem to be the cream of the crop apart from that 7.5t multi-drop crap with 80 drops a day, I was too home at 7-8pm and was working for peanuts :unamused:

I start next Tuesday 0745. :sunglasses:

bigvern1:

Well done

Ken.

bigvern1:

Top man well done

:sunglasses:

bigvern1:

Nice one Mr V :smiley:
Is the pay better than what you’re on now?

bigvern1:

Nice one fella :sunglasses:

dinosteveus1:

bigvern1:

Nice one Mr V :smiley:
Is the pay better than what you’re on now?

About the same, just more regular income.