DFDS

Got an interview with DFDS in Immingham on Monday morning.

Anybody had any experience with 'em?

Had a big arguement with one of their drivers the other week who was delivering to where I work. A long story but basically their driver was very ignorant and unhelpful. Although he was more helpful after I got on the phone to his TM and gave them a gob full. :wink:

Ive worked for them on agency. There better than most and some of the drivers are good. They mainly run fridges and tilts of immingham docks.

i thought this was a thread about sofas!

CBR_SI:
i thought this was a thread about sofas!

Awwwww bless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I used to use a pub near Crowle (Scunthorpe)
A driver there was employed by DFDS pulling tilts/Euroliners out of immingham, DFDS got an operators licence for his truck based at the pub car [park when he threatened to leave due to travelling time to work.

They dont seem to pay the best money but will put themselves out to look after the drivers…

I worked for them for 2 years on class two work out of Stake Hill Middleton and always found them a good company to work for. Always on the same vehicle and run doing multidrop around Liverpool.

The pay was £6 ph for 60 hours (this was 5 years ago), It was job and finish so i started at 06.30 and was home most days before 16.00.

You always had all the equipment and clothing you needed and they put me through my ADR.

To be honest i would probably still work there, but they put out all the class 2 work for contract and the mickey mouse company that took it over didnt have a clue and ruined a good and decent job.

Ta for the info.

Shall hopefully find out more in the morning and will let you know of the outcome.

if you got interview you got the job. stay off the tilts though there bags o pooh, new boys always get em to test your patience and how far they can push you before you bite. Dont take any pooh, job will be sweet, get on the fridge side plenty of sleeping then.In a plastic, bag o [zb] erf soon be a xl man though. me personaly would rather drive a massey ferguson tractor. stick it out and there`s plenty of perks.

Too obvious. L. :wink:

Rikki-UK:
They dont seem to pay the best money but will put themselves out to look after the drivers…

I would have thought paying good money would be a far better way of looking after drivers?.