DFS

Has anyone or is anyone working for them? If so I would like to know what they are like to work for?

its 7.5 ton work but id take that as a year after taking my class 2 licence im still yet to find work.

In your position,if they are willing to take you on, go for it !

Well i am in a bad area for hgv work. I am on the point of giving up as there is nothing. I have been to every agency in the area and got no joy.

Im thinking of moving. 30 miles down the road in the southampton area etc there seems to be alot of work.

But this DFS job has come up and ive applied for it.

Best of luck,then. Sotton is the place for container work which is usually well paid & very easy…Lost of sleep while others load & unload you…

Hi, ive spoken to people who have worked for dfs & they hated it. They had to carry white goods up stairs etc in blocks of flats with no lifts along with sofas, chairs, tables etc. Not trying to put you off but thought i should be honest. I havnt worked for them so cant comment from my own experience but thats what ive been told!! Goodluck whatever you do mate

tyler4164:
Hi, ive spoken to people who have worked for dfs & they hated it. They had to carry white goods up stairs etc in blocks of flats with no lifts along with sofas, chairs, tables etc. Not trying to put you off but thought i should be honest. I havnt worked for them so cant comment from my own experience but thats what ive been told!! Goodluck whatever you do mate

Well i dont have much choice. If i have to put up with it for a while then i will as at least it will be getting me lorry experience which is what im after plus its 2500 pounds more a year than what im earning now. I just need something to get me started and then hopefully i can start moving up the ladder as such.

hgvbournemouth,i read on here about an agentcy in poole pwsolutions,you could try them,and know im going to be cheeky i read they are going to start euro fridge work can you find if this is true ever time i ring i get no reply

This crowd are accountants…
PW Business Solutions Ltd
The Coach House, George Business Centre, Christchurch Road, New Milton, BH25 6QJ
Phone : 01425 639091
Fax : 01425 612838
E-mail : accounting@pw-business-solutions.co.uk

Alright hgvbournemouth I was talking to a crowd of removal guys today and they were on DFS. it does involve a good bit of driving but you also have to handball everything your self like said b4 into flats etc w no lifts. Im currently in southampton and alot of container work is for artics if you have ur class 1. But give it a shot at least it is experiance.