DFDS

Hi All

Anyone have any experience of DFDS? Shift patterns, earnings, type of work etc.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What depot you thinking off?

I know them from working on agency with them. I can’t say much. I think they do mostly general haulage and containers, but the Peterborough lads pull a lot fridges for them.

I think they offer day/night/tramping and 4 on/4 off positions, depending on the depot (as far as I know)

I did 2 years at Immingham, what do you want to know?

Thanks lads
Subsequently found out its Rick Bestwicks at Chesterfield, fridge work, a variety of shifts available inc mon-fri days, 4 on 4 off days and nights. Pay doesn’t seem all that; £10 days mon-fri, £12 odd on Saturdays and £15.75 on sundays. Decent tackle and apparently good to work for though. Just not ready for that amount of pay cut yet.

City67:
Thanks lads
Subsequently found out its Rick Bestwicks at Chesterfield, fridge work, a variety of shifts available inc mon-fri days, 4 on 4 off days and nights. Pay doesn’t seem all that; £10 days mon-fri, £12 odd on Saturdays and £15.75 on sundays. Decent tackle and apparently good to work for though. Just not ready for that amount of pay cut yet.

Standard fare for DFDS. Can’t say much for the fridge stuff as I only the rigids at Immingham for a year and a half then moved onto night work on the artics for 6 months. The pay there is better than what Immingham are paying.