delivery addresses

Hi

Got my first job driving…class 1 to glasgow from durham.

Does anyone know were in glasgow it is…i know they will telll me on the day but wanted to have a look on the map first.

John

One of the best i had when i was on the road was. I had to del.bottom section of a ships engine block to AIR FRANCE CHARLES DE GAULE AIRPORT
PARIS
Have you any idea how many air france wharehouses there are?

seroxatmad:
Hi

Got my first job driving…class 1 to glasgow from durham.

Does anyone know were in glasgow it is…i know they will telll me on the day but wanted to have a look on the map first.

John

Not sure how you resurected this one but i’m sure if anyone knows MFI HDC in Glasgow they’ll tell you!!

I had on wednesday…
building 95
beeston
nottingham

turns out it was on the Boots ind est just off the junction of the A52 / A453, and the entrance road is Thane road :confused:

Hi

Well I found the leeds depot address on the internet - but the sods changed me to the glasgow route…

John

seroxatmad:
Hi

Well I found the leeds depot address on the internet - but the sods changed me to the glasgow route…

John

I had a quick check on google John and found “Glasgow Buisness Park, Easterhouse” if thats any help?

The worst delivery address mistake happened to one of my co workers who while in Miami FL called his dispatcher because he could not find the street he was delivering on.The problem was he was in Miami Florida and his delivery was for Miami Ohio :blush: An eleven hundred and sixty two mile mistake on the paperwork. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Delivery address in Wales…

Blah Blah Company

R/O Ford Garage

Bridgend

SA?? ?OA

Now isn’t ther several Ford garages in Bridgend ■■?
As well as a chuffing big Ford plant works…!!!

Address was a mile further up the road from Ford plant, but the signage was pants let alone a crap delivery address on the paperwork !!!

In my first couple of weeks in haulage, I was given the address,

Shell Research Laboratories
PO Box 1
Chester.

My previous drop was in Knutsford, so off I went on the Chester road, and got to thinking, where the hell is PO Box 1, got to be in the centre of Chester, naaaa, that can’t be right.
Called in to the office, Yep, we all know where that place is, it’s at Stanlow/Ince, just off the M56, in fact you fall off the M’Way into the place.

Travis Perkins

Greens roadderem
northfolk
GREAT YARMOUTH
Norfolk
NR30 1

Due onsite for 0800 so off I trundled. Stopped at about 7am for a breif break and then tried to ring customer. Ahh. He’s on a job in Enfield. So tried his mate, who wasn’t answering the phone.

Eventually got through to the company half an hour later to get the proper address.

Greens Road
East Dereham
N19

By which time I was late for either address. The site contact couldnt answer his phone as he was driving and the other guy in the passenger seat was navigating. Hmm. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I had one just last week,the Address was

Bennit & Fountain
James street
Righead ind est
Bellshill

So i get’s to James st and i decided to start at the top where TNT are.Up and down the street i go about 5 times dead slow ( upset some car drivers :laughing: :laughing: ) Could i find it like hell could i,after asking a few people still no luck nobody had heard of them.Now it’s electical equipment that i’v got for them,so i see a company called Edmunsons and as they deal with electrical equipment i decide to pop in and ask them :wink: Goes into office and this girl comes out,she say’s what you got for us driver,i reply’s nothing love i’m hoping you can tell me where Bennit & fountain are in this street :question: yes sure they are here :open_mouth: eh but your edmunsons,yes we changed our name when we moved from Rutherglen :open_mouth: Well have you told your suppliers this as it kinda helps the drivers who are trying to deliver to you’s :unamused: i think so she say’s,we have a few drivers that can’t find us,well i wonder why that is love.As i said tell your suppliers and i’m sure it will help them to help the driver deliver you goods without spending 30mins or so trying to find a company that’s changed their names :laughing: :confused: So i get’s their one plt off and away i goes to next delivery,which of course i found no problem cause they had the CORRECT NAME ON THEIR BUILDING :laughing: see it helps :laughing:

Normally when companies change ownership the signs change but the customers take several years to change their addresses.

Calv
[/quote]

Unless of course they have ordered new signage and taken down old signage before the new signs are delivered. Happened to me, told to go to company in Nuneaton, well actually it might be Bermuda Park or Bermuda Park Ind est. So at least I got close before I spend an hour looking for a place that did not give you a clue?

My first day driving an artic and i turn up at Allport in langley, get given my paperwork with the delivery address, all cushty, BUT the geezer behind the counter says ‘you gotta take the unit and pick the trailer up from bedford’ and dissapeers!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Thankfully there was another driver lurking about and give me directions AND THE COMPANY NAME!! :smiley: :smiley:

An early job I did was an overnight oop north for a bakery supplies company. One address was a full address in some little village. I was going down smaller and smaller country roads following TomTom before seeing the turn - down a road so narrow, the Artic touched the hedges on both sides :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

So, glad that it is early enough that there will not be much traffic I crawl along, eventually coming to a warehouse type unit that looks the part, but is a furniture manufacturer - so I carry on and then come to the village itself.

Totally confused, I ring the HO and they confirm the address. I see a postman and think he is a good bet to ask. He had heard of it (Yaay!) but didn’t know where it was (Boo!) but he thought that in one of the houses we were in front of was a chap who worked for them (Yaay!) So he banged onthe door for me ( :open_mouth: ) and asked him.

Turned out he did used to work for him - turned out they USED to be in the now furniture place - turned out they moved TWO years ago.

What was worse, I could not go through the village as it was 7.5 ton limit, and physically impossible for artics to pass through.

I had to turn around in a cricket club car park, (Praying that the tarmac wouldn’t sink as I was well loaded) and back along the narrow twisty lane.

On turning up at the new place, I rang the HO to tell them I had found the place, and they said… “Oh yes, you had the right address we use, but all the drivers know where they have moved to…”

■■■■■■!

Once had to deliver some computer equipment to some trendy design company in Hammersmith I think it was, that was based in an old shop. Some bright spark had decided it was a good idea to board up the windows and paint the whole shop front matt black and write the company name across it in gloss black :unamused: That took some finding, especially as it was in the dark :open_mouth:

But that doesn’t really count as it was my old job and I was only driving a car at the time :wink:

There’s also a place called “North Country” near here, which I should think causes plenty of confusion, especially where the signs point South, as pretty much the whole country is North from here :smiley:

Aimee.

Morocco is good.No street maps, No names on the streets, no numbers on the doors. Pay a taxi to drive in front. First day on containers in FX. Get address for Bus Park in this small village. Go right past the Business Park. Takes a few miles to turn around and realize the address had been shortened. :laughing:

shane, lincs:
Did not set off till they gave me a sensible address.

Quite right. It’s actually a legal requirement for both driver and operator to be sure the route is suitable for the vehicle. ‘Ask on the way’, ‘phone them to find out’ are not good enough.
I’ve had the conversation too. “Get me an address and postcode or it goes nowhere.” Just what a miserable traffic clerk wants to hear at 7AM on monday.

harry:
Get address for Bus Park in this small village. Go right past the Business Park. Takes a few miles to turn around and realize the address had been shortened

It’s not just you. I fell for that one when I first had a Class 2 and landed a multidrop job. I spent ages looking for Sunrise Bus Park in Shaftesbury before the penny dropped… :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

harry:
Morocco is good.No street maps, No names on the streets, no numbers on the doors. Pay a taxi to drive in front.

I will need to remember that next time im in Marroco :unamused:

How about this…

KEMPS