Deleted

Deleted

POLICE are investigating two serious collisions on the M1 southbound.

At around 6.50pm last night (Wednesday, March 9), a Ford people carrier collided with the central reservation on the southbound carriageway, just south of junction 29.

The 46-year-old female driver was pronounced dead at the scene. She was alone in the car. Both north and southbound carriageways were closed until around 1.15am today (Thursday, March 10), while police carried out investigations at the scene.

A second collision happened at around 1.30am today (Thursday, March 10) between junctions 29a and 29. A lorry collided with four other vehicles and then the central reservation before crossing over onto the northbound carriageway.

Two men, each driving a Ford Transit van, were taken to Chesterfield and North Derbyshire Royal Hospital. One had an arm injury while the other suffered a head injury. Neither are thought to be life-threatening.

Two other men and one woman suffered minor injuries.

Police left the scene at 6.30am but the M1 at this point remains closed in both directions while the vehicles are recovered.

looks like it made a mess of the 46 year old female’s day too :wink:

i was in it last night,chesterfield was busy to say the least,southbound on the A61 from clay cross to alfreton was gridlocked,once out of alfreton it was ok on the A38 then M1 south

got back on M1 north at about 02.00 & then had to come off again at junction 30 cos of the second accident,the A617 was rammed even at about 04.00 with trucks etc,bet the residents along there knew about it lol

glad i was wasn’t working days today,must have been a nightmare trying to get anywhere on the M1 or around chesterfield area

Luckily I herd about it before I left the North East for Birmingham last night. I thought that the A61 would be full so I went A1, A57, A60 A38 all the way to Brum clean and green. Left Brum at 02:00 and came back the same way, loverly no traffic. :laughing:

I’m hopping for a quiet night tonight :unamused:

jrl driver:
i was in it last night,chesterfield was busy to say the least,southbound on the A61 from clay cross to alfreton was gridlocked,once out of alfreton it was ok on the A38 then M1 south

got back on M1 north at about 02.00 & then had to come off again at junction 30 cos of the second accident,the A617 was rammed even at about 04.00 with trucks etc,bet the residents along there knew about it lol

glad i was wasn’t working days today,must have been a nightmare trying to get anywhere on the M1 or around chesterfield area

I was also in traffic last night, i was going from Northampton to Leeds and back, i was stuck/lost in chesterfield about 2am, and the traffic was horrendous even at that early time in the morning, ended up turning my tt sat nav off, as it was much use as a chocolate teapot… :angry: